by Marta’s Cuban American Kitchen
Bistec de Palomilla Serves: 4
Notes: This simple pan fried steak, Bistec De Palomilla is a favorite.
- Rub about 2/3rds of the garlic into the steaks on both sides
- Squeeze the juice of one of the limes onto the steaks.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the steaks into a plastic ziplock bag.
- Add the sliced onion to the bag.
- Place the bag in the refrigerator and allow to marinate – preferably overnight, but at least for one hour.
- Remove the steaks from the marinade and pat dry. Reserve the marinade. Set the onions aside. Heat olive oil in a large frying pan.
- Fry the steaks quickly about 1 minute per side and remove to a warm platter.
- Squeeze the juice of the other lime into the pan and stir, this will “clean” any burnt bits from the pan.
- Add the remaining marinade, onions and garlic to the lime juice and quickly stir together over medium heat for about 5 minutes. The onions should still be crisp and the garlic should not be brown.
- Pour the onion mixture over the steaks on the platter. And garnish with the chopped fresh parsley.
Serve with French Fries
3 lbs. Top Sirloin steak – sliced very thin
10 garlic cloves – diced
Juice of 2 fresh limes
1 yellow onion thinly sliced
Salt and coarse black pepper to taste
Olive oil (twice around the pan)
3 Tbsp. Fresh chopped parsley