2 medium jalapeños
2 medium bananas
1 tablespoon scallions
1 dash nutmeg
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup banana liqueur
3 tablespoons butter

Directions
Trim duck breasts of any sinew and score fat, criss cross at 1/8 inch intervals. Place breasts, skin side down, in a pan and put over medium heat. Pour off rendered fat as it accumulates. When most of the fat is rendered, pour off and add 1/2 cup of hot stock. Place in a 400 degree oven until desired doneness is reached.

Whilst this is going on, de-seed and trim the membranes from the jalapeños and cut to brunoise (AKA finely diced). Peel and slice the bananas to 1/8 inch rounds and chiffonade the scallions (AKA finely shred).

Remove the duck breast from the oven and transfer to a warm plate (keep warm). Pour off any remaining liquid. Add the jalapeños to the pan and return to a medium heated stove top. Toss in the scallions and bananas and season with nutmeg, salt and pepper.

Then deglaze with the banana liquor and add butter. Simmer and stir until reduced to au sec consistency (see note). Slice duck thinly and fan on plate then spoon sauce over and around.

Notes: I also do this with rum or brandy instead of banana liquor. I will add a little maple syrup or brown sugar to sweeten it some when I do.

”Au sec” consistency means reduced to a very smooth syrup like consistency.
hj :wink: