Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower

I’m not a fan of vegetables, but I know how healthy they are, so I’m always on the lookout for any edible-looking vegetable recipes. Not only does this recipe make cauliflower edible, it makes it so tasty!

Ingredients:
Half a head of cauliflower, cut in half
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1.5 tablespoons minced garlic
1 teaspoon cumin
1.5 tablespoon olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
1 teaspoon red chili flakes or Cayenne powder
1 tablespoon parsley (fresh or dried)

What to do…

1. Preheat oven to 350.
  2. Cut the cauliflower into bite size pieces. Place in a large bowl.
  3. Add olive oil, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, minced garlic, cumin, salt & pepper, and red chili flakes/cayenne powder.
  4. Mix well with a spoon. Make sure all pieces of cauliflower are well coated with the mixture.
  5. Evenly spread out the cauliflower on a baking sheet covered with foil that is oiled/buttered (to avoid sticking).
  6. Roast in the oven for 25-30 minutes, stirring the cauliflower every 15 minutes.
  7. If you like your cauliflower a bit mushy, keep in the oven for a longer time. If you like it with a crunch, only roast for 20 minutes.
  8. For the last 5 minutes, sprinkle the remaining Parmesan cheese on top of the cauliflower.
  9. After cauliflower is fully cooked, put in a bowl and mix in parsley.

Oh my! This is so similar to the ‘popcorn’ cauliflower I make. Only, I like the idea of all the spices you use, will have to do so.
I also heat oven to about 425 & place small pieces of cauliflower in a bowl & spray them with an olive oil spray & then send to the hot oven, for quite awhile, tossing in between.

Thanks for reminding me, I am going after those extra spices…I love cauliflower but this is like a dessert. THANK YOU!