PEANUT BUTTER

WETHER ITS SMOOTH OR CRUNCHY, AND NOW IN MANY DIFFERENT FLAVORS, WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE WAY TO USE IT. AND WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE BRAND OF PEANUT BUTTER?

Food Processor Peanut Butter
2 cups roasted shelled peanuts
1 tablespoon peanut oil
1/2 teaspoon salt (omit if salted peanuts are used)

Using the metal blade, process ingredients continuously for 2 to 3 minutes. The ground peanuts will form a ball which will slowly disappear. Continue to process until the desired consistency is obtained. If necessary, stop machine and scrape sides of container with a rubber spatula.

For crunchy peanut butter, stir in 1/2 cup chopped roasted peanuts after the processing is completed.

Yields 1 cup creamy or 1-1/2 cups crunchy peanut butter.

Store in a tightly closed container in the refrigerator. Oil may rise to the top. If this occurs, stir before using.

Peanut Butter Pancakes

1¼ cups flour
2 tablespoons sugar
2½ teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1¼ cups milk
1 egg
¼ cup peanut butter
3 tablespoons butter, melted

Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Beat milk with egg and peanut butter until smooth. Add to dry ingredients and beat just until well moistened. Lightly butter hot griddle. Spoon by ¼ cupfuls onto griddle. Cook until golden brown on both sides.

The only place I have had this is when my mother made it when I was growing up. Now that my daughters have grown and married it is a favorite of theirs also.

3 Cups Brown Sugar 1 Can Carnation Milk
1/2 Cup Butter 1 Cup Creamy Peanut Butter

Bring Brown sugar, Butter and Milk to a boil and boil until soft ball stage. Remove from stove and stir in peanut butter. I usually add a little more peanut butter but you do not want to get it too dry. Pour out on a buttered dish and let cool. Cut into squares and enjoy. :lol:

KAREN NEXT TIME TRY ADDING PEANUTS ALSO, FOR THAT EXTRA CRUNCH

HERSHEY KISS TREATS

1 3/4 c. flour
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. firmly packed brown sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 c. peanut butter
1 egg
2 tbsp. milk
1 tsp. vanilla
48 milk chocolate Hershey kisses

In large mixer bowl combine all ingredients except Hershey kisses. Blend well at low speed. Shape into balls using rounded teaspoon for each. Roll balls in additional sugar. Place on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake at 375 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from oven and top each immediately with a candy kiss, pressing down firmly so cookie cracks around edge. Makes 48 cookies.

ROLLED OAT CLUSTERS (NO BAKE COOKIES)

2 c. sugar
1/2 c. milk
1/2 c. butter
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla
1 c. peanut butter
3 c. rolled oats (quick or regular)

Combine sugar, milk, butter and salt, in a heavy 3 quart pot. Stir. Bring to a full boil. Boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat. Add vanilla and peanut butter. Stir until smooth. Add rolled oats.

Mix well. Cool until mixture holds shape, slightly. Drop by teaspoon onto waxed paper. Cool. Makes about 4 dozen clusters

Frozen Peanut Butter Cups

1 pound semisweet chocolate, cut in chunks
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1/4 cup warm water
1/4 cup honey
1 cup heavy cream, whipped
2 tablespoons chopped salted peanuts

Have 2 mini-muffin pans, a can of non-stick spray, a pastry brush, and a package of paper/foil candy cups out and ready; clear some space in the freezer.

Slowly melt the chocolate in a double boiler over hot water or in a microwave set on high for 2 minutes, stirring halfway through the heating time to smooth it out. Dot a bit of chocolate in the center of each muffin cup and press a candy wrapper in the molds so it sticks in place. Lightly spray the insides of the wrappers with a little non-stick cooking spray. Brush about a tablespoon of the melted chocolate into the paper liners, pulling it up the insides of the wrapper so it’s all coated. Stick the chocolate cups in the freezer to harden while making the peanut butter filling. Keep the remaining melted chocolate warm so it stays smooth; you’ll need it again in a few minutes.

Combine the peanut butter, warm water, and honey in a mixing bowl, blend with a whisk until smooth and thinned out a bit. Using a rubber spatula, fold the whipped cream into the peanut butter mixture to make a light mousse – don’t overdo it, it’s ok if there are streaks of cream in the filling. Spoon the peanut butter mousse into a pastry bag filled with a large plain tip. Take the chocolate cups out; they should be pretty solid by now, and pipe the peanut butter mousse into the centers, leaving room for a cap of chocolate. Freeze again for a few minutes just it sets up a bit.

Spoon more melted chocolate on top to cover the peanut butter and fill the cup to the top; spreading evenly with a knife so it’s smooth and level. Sprinkle a little chopped peanuts on top and stick the peanut butter cups in the freezer to set up for 15 to 20 minutes. Invert the muffin pans on a cutting board to pop out the peanut butter cups.

Roasted New Potatoes with Peanuts
(serves 5-6)

Ingredients:

1 1/2 pounds baby new potatoes, washed and dried
2 tsp. cumin seeds
2 tsp. coriander seeds
3 green cardamom pods
1 1/z tsp. ground turmeric
2-3 curry leaves
4 garlic cloves
2 tsp. dried chillies
2 tbs. ghee
1/4 cup peanuts

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F

In a small skillet, over medium-high heat roast the cumin seeds, coriander seeds and cardamom pods. Roast the seeds for 30 seconds to a minute, until the seeds begin to pop. Drop the seeds into a spice blender with the garlic cloves and turmeric. Blend until the mixture resem-bles a smooth paste.
In a large skillet (large enough to hold all the potatoes easily) over medium heat add 4 tbs. of vegetable oil. When oil is hot, roast the potatoes until evenly browned. Add the dried chillies and curry leaves. Saute for 30 seconds. Now add the paste and two tablespoons of ghee. Stir well until everything is combined. Put the potatoes into a roasting pan. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until cooked through.
Stir occasionally to ensure potatoes are evenly coated. Just before potatoes are cooked, add the peanuts and roast for a few minutes.

Serve immediately with parathas/roti…yummy

:lol:

1 cup sugar
1 cup light corn syrup
1 cup peanut butter
6 cups crisp rice cereal
2 cups (12 oz.) chocolate chips melted
Melt sugar, corn syrup and peanut butter over medium-low heat until sugar is melted. Remove from heat and stir in cereal. Press into 9 x 13 pan. top with melted chocolate chips and chill. These are so delicious and easy. My whole family loves them!

1 cup peanut butter
1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow creme
1 1/2 cups crisp rice cereal
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
4 tsp. shortening
Combine peanut butter and marshmallow creme. Add cereal and stir until well coated. Shape into 1 inch balls. Melt chocolate and shortening in the microwave for 1-2 minutes. Dip peanut buttter balls into chocolate and place on waxed paper. Chill until set. Yummy!

These are awesome:

Susan’s Peanut Butter Cookies

Combine:

2 cups of peanut butter
1/2 cup of butter
3 eggs

Add to peanut butter, butter, and eggs:

1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar

Mix together and gradually add to all above:

2 tsp baking soda
5 cups oatmeal

Drop by heaping teaspoon and flatten - press two or more M & M’s into the flattened cookie

Bake 350 degrees for 8 minutes

My favorite Peanut Butter is Jif - forgot to mention that in my post.

No Flour Peanut Butter Cookies

1 c. peanut butter 1 c. sugar 1 egg

Mix all together. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased cookie sheet. Make crisscrosses by pressing with a fork that has been dipped in sugar. Bake at 350 for 8 to 10 minutes.
Jif is my favorite peanut butter. My daughter won the 4-h baking contest with these cookies when she was 9. A good easy recipe for the kids to learn on.

Peanut Banana Bread

1 3/4 c. self- rising flour 1/3 c. shortening 2/3 c. sugar 2 eggs 1 t. vanilla 2 heaping T. peanut butter 1 banana, mashed
Cream together shortening, sugar, and eggs until fluffy. Beat in flour ,peanut butter, bananas,and vanilla. Bake in 2 8inch round pans at 350 for 25 minutes.

Chewy Peanut Butter Bars

1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup margarine
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup self-rising flour
1 1/2 cup sugar

Melt butter and peanut butter together in microwave. Add all other ingredients and mix well with a spoon. Batter will be thick. Spread into greased and floured 13x9-inch pan and bake 25-28 minutes at 350
Let cool, cut into bars

*You can add chocolate chips & nuts to these also if you want.

Unbelievable Cookies

1 cup peanut butter, either smooth or chunky
1 cup white sugar
1 egg
Any flavor jam or chocolate kiss or even chocolate chips (Optional)

Stir the egg into the sugar until well combined, and then stir in the peanut butter. If using the chocolate chips, stir into the batter.

Place golf ball sized balls on an ungreased baking sheet. Flatten with fork or use thumb if adding jam or chocolate kiss. In this case, place a teaspoon of jam or chocolate kiss in the indentation. Bake at 400 degrees F. for about 10 minutes or until they just begin to brown around the edges, not too brown.

They are unbelievably good and the easiest cookie I have ever made. Good for gluten free diets.

I made these with my nephew when he was only 4 years old and he loved the idea that he made them.

It sure looks good in that picture… yummm!!!

does anyone have a recipe for cooked peanut butter pudding. There was a restaurant near me that made this. The owner died and family sold building.

Thanks
Sunday