1 medium head cabbage, shredded
1/2 cup vegetable oil (for frying)
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 cups granulated sugar
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 pint (2 cups) sour cream
2 cups distilled white vinegar

Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add cabbage, salt and pepper and cook until tender, 15 to 20 minutes.

Mix sugar and flour together in a medium bowl, then add sour cream and mix well; finally stir in vinegar and mix well. Add mixture to cabbage and simmer all together until desired consistency is reached.

B-man :smiley:

this is so good b-man I forgot all about this recipe till now and you just brought back such wonderfull memories of my mom mom rose she made this dish for us along with her polish perogies and creamed cauliflower so yummy thanks for taking be back down memory lane can’t wait to taste it.

Hi dancingbird57 !!!

Thanks so much for your kind comments. I do hope the recipe lives up to your recollection of that special place and time, that you hold so dearly! These are the replies/responses that make it all worthwhile. There is nothing, absolutely nothing, more important than family. Those treasured times of yesteryear, remain indelibly etched in our minds and hearts. You have truly made my day…and then some! Now I say, with all sincerity, THANK YOU!

B-man :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: