Pepperoni Batter Bread

I made this yesterday and I must say it was exceptionally good! It was so simple and was fantastic when I made grilled mozzarella cheese sandwiches out of it. Everyone loved it at my house! Thanks for posting this recipe!

OOps! Nevermind…
Roots must be growing out…

I am new here , and I can not seem to find the recipe for this Pepperoni batter bread :frowning: can someone please direct me

thanks
Debbie

I am really new here too, so I do not know if I am going to do this correctly, but I am going to try and put the url for this yummy bread into these postings, because I know of 3 of us (including me) who have tried to find this recipe.

http://www.www.recipesecrets.net/forums/ingredient-forum/11132-favorite-moms-recipe.html#post21226/url]

Here is the recipe. Sorry, but I accidently posted the wrong name of it.

patm099
World Class Chef Join Date: Jun 2005

Pizza Batter Bread

My Mom was the best bread maker I ever knew. My friends would come home with me after school just to see if she had made bread that day. They liked all her breads but the pizza batter bread was a definite favorite. She is gone but her bread reputation lives on. We have made this recipe many times and, although it is good, it doesn’t taste exactly like hers.

Pizza Batter Bread

3 cups plain flour
1 pkg. dry yeast
1 Tbsp. Italian seasoning
1/2 tsp. garlic salt
1/2 tsp. seasoned salt
2 Tbsp. melted butter
1 Tbsp. sugar
1/4 cup chopped pepperoni (or cooked, drained & crumbled sausage)
1 1/4 cups warm water

Dissolve yeast in 1/4 cup warm (not hot) water. Then combine all ingredients in a large bowl, mixing well. Place in a greased loaf pan (9 X 5) and let rise for 30 minutes. Bake at 375 degrees for 35-40 minutes. Excellent for grilled cheese sandwiches. Yields 12 servings with approx. 158 calories per slice.

I have an old recipe a co-worker gave me years ago for a sausage-cheese bread but this one looks a lot easier. I think I’ll give it a try. Thanks!

deleted