3/4 pound ground pork
3/4 pound ground turkey
1 cup finely chopped onion
1/4 cup cornmeal
1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon dried savory
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 Granny Smith apple, peeled and grated (1 cup)
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon canola oil
Prepared horseradish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Combine pork, turkey, and next 10 ingredients (through eggs) in a bowl; gently mix just until combined. Transfer mixture to a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 375° for 55 minutes or until a thermometer registers 165°. Cool to room temperature; cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from pan. Cut scrapple into 10 slices.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add scrapple slices to pan; sauté 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until browned.
- Place 2 scrapple slices on each of 5 plates. Top each serving with ketchup and horseradish, if desired. Serve warm