Pineapple pork and rice

3 lbs spare ribs lean and small (I have a hard time finding these, they are called rib tips in my store here, but I’ve just used boneless pork chops and cut it up into stir fry strips and it works just as well if not better)
1 Garlic Clove (I use just garlic powder to taste on this one)
2 Slices Ginger Root minced (I use ginger powder, if you use ginger powder, make sure that your pork smells more like ginger than garlic in the upcoming steps)
3 tbs Oil (whichever oil you like to cook with works great)
1/2 cup Soy Sauce
1 16-20 oz can of pineapple chunks in HEAVY SYRUP
1/3 cup Vineager
1/3 cup Sugar (I usually add just a little bit more, but this is according to my family’s taste)
2/3 cup Water
1/2 tsp Paprika (I skip this part most of the time because I never have paprika lol, it still tastes VERY yummy without it)
Salt to taste

Cut ribs apart and chop into 1 in pieces (this is why I use rib tips when I can get them and strips of boneless pork if not, I don’t feel like chopping through bone LOL). Heat oil in large skillet. Add garlic, ginger and pork. Brown pork and drain fat from skillet. Add Soy Sauce, Pineapple juice (from the can), Sugar, Vineager, Water, and Paprika. Heat to boiling and then simmer for 45 mins covered. After the 45 mins, add Salt to taste and Pineapple Chunks and cook till thoroughly heated, usually about 10 mins.

If you want the sauce a little thicker mix 2 tbs Cornstarch mixed with 4 tbs Water, once dissolved add to food when you add the Pineapple Chunks and Salt, this will thicken it up nicely, although I do drop this portion of the recipe, my family likes it a little runnier then it is with the cornstarch.

Serve over rice.

Enjoy!!