pls.. send me a recipe of the kfc fried chicken..

pls. send me the recipe of kfc fried chicken… i will be so thank you for you… pls… im craving for that taste… thank you very much… pls. send it to ana_andrea_20@yahoo.com.ph

Andrea:

Welcome to Recipe Secrets. Well, being from KY I must tell you that there are many versions of the so called “colonels secret recipe”, but I am posting a few that people have told me that are close. Please let us know if any of them satisfy your cravin’.

BetK :wink:

Kentucky Fried Chicken Spice Mix

1 tablespoon rosemary
1 tablespoon oregano leaves
1 tablespoon powdered sage
1 teaspoon powdered ginger
1 teaspoon marjoram
1 1/2 teaspoons thyme
3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
3 tablespoons dry minced parsley
1 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon paprika
2 tablespoons garlic salt
2 tablespoons onion salt
2 tablespoons chicken bouillon powder (or 4 cubes, mashed)
1 package Lipton tomato Cup-a-Soup mix

Method

Place all ingredients in blender and pulse for 3-4 minutes to pulverize, or rub through a fine strainer. Store in an airtight container so the spices will not lose their potency. Makes about 3/4 cup.
Add 1 ounce mix to every one cup of flour for coating chicken.

KFC CHICKEN

1 chicken or chicken pieces
3 cups water
1 Tablespoon Salt
1 teaspoon MSG ( Ac’cent) by the spices
2 teaspoons Onion Powder
2 pkg.Dry instant Chicken Broth ( Do Not used Canned)
2 teaspoon Seasoned Salt
1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
1 cup Flour

1. Cover chicken with mixture of water and salt. Chill in bowl for at least 1 hour.
  2. Combine herbs, onion powder,seasoned salt, instant chicken broth, and pepper, in a blender and mix well. Pleace this mixture in w bowl. Add the flour to this bowl. Mix flour and seasonings well
  3. Remove chicken from water, and dip it into the flour mixture coat well. Place coated pieces on a plate for 5 min.
  4. Melt enough shortening or sald oil to make 1-inch depth in a large skillet. Heat to 375 . Fry chicken pieces turning once, every 5 min. be sure to cook chicken until done. Lift chicken out and drain on paper towels. You can keep the chicken warm in the oven by placing it in the oven, and serve when all the chicken is done.

Here is the recipe I have for Kentucky Fried Chicken have never tried it but its a recipe my sister gave me and says its exactly like KFC.

4 C flour 2tsp salt
1tsp celery salt
1tsp pepper
2tsp dry mustard
4tsp paprika2tsp garlic salt
1tsp ginger
1/4 tsp thyme
1/2 tsp sweet basil
1/2 tsp oregano

Mix all together.

Mix:
1 egg
1/4 C milk

Dip chicken into it, coat chicken with above mixture and fry in oil 15-20 mins on each side or bake @ 350 degrees.

KFC Gravy

1 beef cubes
1/2 tsp of b\white pepper
3 tbs of corn flour
1 cup water

Place water, beef cubes and white pepper in a sauce pan and bring it to boil. Mix water and corn flour and then add to the water mixture, stir it until it thickens.

KFC Gravy Recipe (Copy Cat)

1 can beef stock
1/2 cup heavy whiping cream
1 Tbs corn starch
2 Tbs water

In a medium sauce pan bring beef stock to boil then add heavy cream and return to full boil. Mix together water and corn starch and add to boiling liquid slowly stirring constantly till desired thickness is reached. remove from heat and serve.

It is my understanding that KFC is “fried” in a pressure cooker. Cannot validate that this is true.
A J

betty,
thank you for the recipe… and also for giving me the recipe of the gravy. i for got to ask, and thank you for posting it… if i ask for another favor, i wish i can count on you again.

andrea :slight_smile: :smiley: