- Vegetable cooking spray
- 2 pounds sweet onions, sliced
- 1 small leek (white part only), thinly sliced
- 4 ounces shallots, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions and tops
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium vegetable broth
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried mint leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon dried sage leaves
- Salt and white pepper, to taste
Spray large skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium
heat until hot. Saute onions, leek, shallots, and green
onions 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in broth and
heat to boiling; reduce heat and simmer, covered, 5 minutes.
Stir in herbs and cook, uncovered, over medium-low
heat until onion mixture is golden, about 15 minutes.
Season to taste with salt and white pepper.