question on ingrediant

The recipe on the site for Provencale Tarts called for something called tapenade. As I live in a small town and do not have access to some of the more unusual items I would like to know what this is and can you make it yourself?Dolly too

Tapenade is a rich olive spread popular in the Mediterranean.

Here’s a recipe for Tapenade

INGREDIENTS:
1 clove garlic, chopped
1 3/4 cups whole, pitted kalamata olives
1 (2 ounce) can anchovy fillets, rinsed
2 tablespoons capers
1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
3 tablespoons lemon juice
4 tablespoons olive oil

DIRECTIONS:
Combine garlic, olives, anchovies, capers, thyme, rosemary and lemon juice in an electric blender. Slowly drip the olive oil into the blender while you are blending the ingredients together. Blend until a paste is formed.

Classic Mediterranean dish using black (preferably Kalamata) olives. This dip is great with pita bread triangles." Original recipe yield: 6 servings.

INGREDIENTS:
1 clove garlic, chopped
1 3/4 cups whole, pitted kalamata olives
1 (2 ounce) can anchovy fillets, rinsed
2 tablespoons capers
1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
3 tablespoons lemon juice
4 tablespoons olive oil

DIRECTIONS:
Combine garlic, olives, anchovies, capers, thyme, rosemary and lemon juice in an electric blender. Slowly drip the olive oil into the blender while you are blending the ingredients together. Blend until a paste is formed.

Oooop’s

We both posted the same recipe

Thanks so much for both of you with the recipe for Tapenada. With all those ingrediants maybe I could find it in a larger city. Any way As I love olives I think I will try making this sounds very good. Thanks again to both of you for the quick reply. Dollytoo