quick and easy? french dip

I have given several of my friends this quick meal idea and they have thanked me over and over.

French Dip Sans

1 pkg hoagy rolls
1- 1 1/2 lb thin sliced beef from the deli counter
6 slices of swiss cheese
1 pkg of Lawry’s Au Jus mix (in the packaged gravy section of your market)
Butter the rolls and broil until lightly browned, place a slice of swiss on one side, warm the beef in your microwave on low for a minute, place beef on toasted rolls. Mix Au Jus with hot water and divide into little cups for dipping. Cut rolls in half, serve with Au Jus and maybe some potato salad and chips. Takes 10 minutes at the most and everyone loves them.

I usually go to the deli and get italian beef sliced and sometimes the deli will have aujus that goes with it for free. Otherwise I take the beef and add beef stock or aujus and add italian spices and garlic, onions sliced, and green peppers sliced and apx. 1/2 tsp crushed peppers and 1 can or 1 cup of beer I cook all of this and make sure the beef is covered and use mozerella cheese and serve the aujus on the side and put the cheese on beef under the broiler until melted and bubbling. If you cook this on medium all the ingredients meld together and you have a great Italian Beef.
I use Italian or french bread cut into sandwich size sections.

Welcome to Recipe Secrets sandyandy! Hope you enjoy the site. There are sooooo many great recipes here, it’s almost overwhelming. Please be sure to visit and post in our new forum, just underway. It’s called the International Cuisine|International Recipe forum. Also, feel free to send Aline and I any requests for topics that you would like to see. We’re just underway with this new forum, so please be patient with us, and we’ll get to your choice of topic as soon as we can. Regards,

B-man & Aline :wink: