recipe for Leon's potato salad ?

Love this site
Back in the 60’s and 70’s in Lansing Michigan there was a factory that made Leon’s potato salad, it was great!!
Does anyone have a copy or a clone recipe for it?

thank you

Hello
I am a first time user of this site. I live in Arizona now but grew up in Michigan on leons potato salad. I cannot get it out here and would love to make my own. i would love to here from any one who can duplicate the the recipe for this wonderful potato salad.
thank you in advance!
John

Hello;

I do not have a recipe for Leon’s potato salad; however I do have a web site you might try Sandridge Food Corporation. I hope you have luck with information.

What was Leon’s potato salad like? Now I’m getting hungry!

Can’t find a recipe but would posting the inbgredients from the site help?

Leon’s Original Potato Salad

Category: Potato Salads

Description:
Uniquely sliced potatoes blended with fresh onions, celery, red peppers and parsley in Leon’s semisweet dressing.

INGREDIENTS: POTATOES, SALAD DRESSING (Soybean Oil, Water, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Vinegar, Egg Yolks (Egg Yolks, Salt), Salt, Mustard (Distilled Vinegar, Mustard Seed, Salt, Spices), Modified Wheat Starch, Sugar, Guar Gum, Modified Food Starch, Citric Acid, Xanthan Gum, Whey Protein Concentrate [Milk], Color (Propylene Glycol, Polysorbate 80, Turmeric, Annatto, Potassium Hydroxide, Water, Yellow 5, Yellow 6, Red 40, Citric Acid, Sodium Benzoate), Locust Bean Gum, Calcium Disodium EDTA), CELERY, SUGAR, WATER, MUSTARD (Distilled Vinegar, Mustard Seed, Salt, Turmeric, Spice), ONIONS, SALT, RED PEPPERS, POTASSIUM SORBATE (To Retard Spoilage), DEHYDRATED PARSLEY.

“SALAD DRESSING (Soybean Oil, Water, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Vinegar, Egg Yolks (Egg Yolks, Salt), Salt, Mustard (Distilled Vinegar, Mustard Seed, Salt, Spices), Modified Wheat Starch, Sugar, Guar Gum, Modified Food Starch, Citric Acid, Xanthan Gum, Whey Protein Concentrate [Milk], Color (Propylene Glycol, Polysorbate 80, Turmeric, Annatto, Potassium Hydroxide, Water, Yellow 5, Yellow 6, Red 40, Citric Acid, Sodium Benzoate), Locust Bean Gum, Calcium Disodium EDTA)”

This is a good reason to make your own.

Absolutely!!

Leon’s potato salad had parsley

Does anyone have a recipe for Leon’s Potato Salad?

Mom’s Potatoe Salad:

Mom never had to take main dishes to picnics with other familys if she made the Potatoe Salad and Baked Beans ( recipe to come)

3-5 lb Potatoes cooked in peel until tender
1 lrg Onion, diced med
2 ribs Celery, diced med
3 Hard Boiled Eggs
2 Heaping Tsp Durkee’s Famouse Dressing
3 Heaping Tbls Mirical whip
Salt and Pepper
Sprinkle Paparika

Cook Potatoes in peel then cool and remove skins and cut into med cubes. Place in large bowl along with Diced Onion and Celery and two of the eggs chopped. Add the Durkee’s Dressing to the Mirical Whip and blend well then pour over veggies and toss to coat all. Slice remianing egg over top and sprinkle with Paprika for bit of color.

If you can not find Durkees Dressing, mix Mirical Whip with tablespoon of Yellow Mustard and dash of Cider Vinegar for reasonable sub.

You may have noticed that over half of the ingredients in the list for Leon’s Potatoe Salad were Chemical Preservitives. If you seperate the real food items from these and mix for salad, you will not get a product the taste the same as each chemical adds its own flavor to the mix and your end result will not be the same.

Sounds tasty!! I want to try!))
Thank’s for recipes!
I like this recipe - Tomato Ricotta Salad
Ingredients:
3 Plum tomatoes
2 oz Ricotta cheese
0,5 oz Arugula
0,5 oz Basil
1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 tbsp Balsamic glaze
1 pinch Sea salt
1 pinch Black Pepper