Recipe for Steak Soup from the Texas Land and Cattle Company

Does anyone have a recipe for the sirloin steak soup made at the Txas Land and Cattle Company restaurants in the state of Texas. Want it badly. Thanks.

This is the only one I can find, hope this helps:

Sirloin Steak Soup

Lean Sirloin Steak (approximately 1-pound)

2 cups of water

1 can of diced tomatoes

1 can of sliced carrots, drained

2 cloves of garlic, peeled and left whole

1 teaspoon of dried parsley flakes

½ teaspoon of thyme

1 can of beef broth

1 can of beef consommé soup

Cooked white rice or thin egg noodles

Cook rice or egg noodles, drain, rinse under cold water and set aside.

In a large pot add the water, tomatoes, carrots, garlic, parsley flakes and the thyme.

Bring the mixture to a boil and then reduce the heat to simmer.

Cut the sirloin steak into strips and then into bite-size pieces.

Add the steak pieces to the broth mixture and continue to simmer.

Add the can of beef broth and the can of beef consommé soup to the soup mixture.

Cook approximately 6-8 minutes or until the meat is cooked through.

Add enough cooked rice or egg noodles to the soup mixture to add substance but not overwhelming.

Serve with warm, buttered Italian bread.

Just curious if anyone has been able to track down the recipe. It looks like the one posted here is one that someone had and just posted it. Please if anyone has nailed the recipe PLEASE post it. THANKS!

hi biddy,

welcome to rsn. the rule of this recipe exchange is that you must post a recipe first before you can request one.

hope you enjoy the site, many great people and recipes here.

rho

ps.

someone kindly took the time to post a recipe close to your request. the least you could be is thankful for the reply. if it’s not quite what you’re looking for, please be tactful in your reply when saying so and requesting more.

rho

Paranoid pills are cheap!

thank you for all but calling me a slug for not answering the request that I asked for. I tried to find the site again but our area lost the site for over 18 months and we were just unable to get it but within the last few months I found it again and just happened to find my message. I am so sorry that you got upset but no big deal. for the person who sent the recipe thank you for the suggestion but unfortunately that’s not it.

thank you for all but calling me a SLUG for not answering the request that I asked for. I tried to find the site again but our area lost the site for over 18 months and we were just unable to get it but within the last few months I found it again and just happened to find my message. I am so sorry that you got upset but no big deal. for the person who sent the recipe thank you for the suggestion but unfortunately that’s not it.

I have never been there. Here is a recipe I am not sure if it is the one
you want.

Texas Land And Cattle’s Steak Soup

2 lbs ground round (coarse)
2 sticks butter
2 cups flour
8 cups water
2 carrots (chopped coarse)
2 stalks celery (chopped coarse)
2 onions (chopped coarse)
1 package frozen mixed vegetables
1 #303 can tomatoes (chopped)
2 teaspoons accent
4 heaping tablespoons beef stock base (spice island)
1 1/2 teaspoons bouquet garni
salt to taste

Brown meat. In separate soup pot, melt butter, add flour and make paste. Add water (beat with a mixer to smooth lumps if necessary). Add all other ingredients and cook three hours. Stir often.

I never never had this, but I will post the recipe I have.

Texas Land And Cattle’s Steak Soup

2 lbs ground round (coarse)
2 sticks butter
2 cups flour
8 cups water
2 carrots (chopped coarse)
2 stalks celery (chopped coarse)
2 onions (chopped coarse)
1 package frozen mixed vegetables
1 #303 can tomatoes (chopped)
2 teaspoons accent
4 heaping tablespoons beef stock base (spice island)
1 1/2 teaspoons bouquet garni
salt to taste

Brown meat. In separate soup pot, melt butter, add flour and make paste. Add water (beat with a mixer to smooth lumps if necessary). Add all other ingredients and cook three hours. Stir often.

I Would Like The Original Recipe From Texas Land And Cattle For Steak Soup. I Am Submitting My Fantastic Recipe For Jalapeno Poppers.

(20)- Jalapeno Peppers -Washed And Dried
  (2)- (6-8 Oz.) Soft Cream Cheese Tubs W/ Chives Or Onion
  (2)- Boxes Of Beer Batter (Used For Frying Fish)

After Washing And Drying Jalapenos, Take And Grasp The Pepper Cupped In Your Hand Firmly And Place A Cross Slit In The End Opposite The Stem. Use A Kitchen Knife. Place A Long Potatoe Peeler In Center Of The Slit And Rotate The Peeler Around , Until All Seeds And Veins Are Removed. Set Aside The Peppers. In A Small Stainless Fry Pan , Put Veg. Oil And Bring To 350 Degrees. Drop One Or Two At A Time In Oil For About 5 Secs. Or Until You Hear The Skin Popping. Rotate Quick And Remove Immediately. The Point Here Is To Pop The Skin Only On The Whole Pepper ,But Not To Cook The Peppers. Drain In Paper Towel Pan. Let Peppers Cool. Stir In To Soft Cream Cheese Some Seasoning Salt To Taste.Cupping Pepper In Hand, Stuff Each Pepper Thru The Slit In The End With The (Seasoned Salt Cream Cheese ). Stuff Whole Pepper From Stem To Slit End. In A Separate Bowl ,Big Enough For Two Boxes Of Beer Batter Plus 3/4 Of A Bottle Of Beer, Put In Batter And Beer And Mix. Ready Oil Again For Frying. Dip Each Jalapeno Completly In Batter And Drop Into Oil. Rotating Peppers In Oil Until The Batter Turns Brown Slightly. Do Not Over Cook, About 2 Minutes Each, Remove To Paper Towel. Keep In Oven On Warm, Until Ready To Eat. Best Eaten Same Day Or Evening.Try To Make At Least 2 Hours Or Less Before Party. This Recipe Will Make You The Hit Of Any Party, Demanding More.

Norman

I havent experimented with it yet but I think the broth of the steak soup recipe from texas land and cattle is comprised of beef consume and soy sauce. I would put the potatoes and carrots in the broth (after tasting for accuracy) and set them to a hard boil for around 10 minutes. Add browned steak and reduce heat to low and cover. Let it cook for about 45 minutes. This is in no way an official recipe but it should get you close. Let me know how it turns out.