Recipes Wanted

I’m not sure where to post this one but we have some good cooks on here and I figured that people could come up with some good ideas on this one.

Since the whole pet food scare, I have been feeding the dog chicken and rice and the cats have been getting fresh fish, both with no additives of course. I just feel safer feeding them something that I have made them other than buying food from the store and slowly killing them. My husband and I approached this a long time ago also. We have 15 parrots, many of them rescue birds, which we make our own food for. When we started making their food we felt much better as we knew what they were getting and knew everything was good for them.

Anyone have any good pet food recipes, dog and cat they’d like to share?

I’ve had this site on my Favorites list for quite some time. It tells you what foods to avoid and why. The info is from veterenarians.

Example, large amounts of liver can cause vitamin A toxicity which affects muscles and bones. Onions and garlic can damage red blood cells and cause anemia. Human vitamin supplements containing IRON can damage the lining of the digestive system and be toxic to the other organs including the liver and kidneys. And so much more!

Foods You Should Not Feed Your Dog

I have 6 cats, 5 outdoor, and my one persian, which she is indoor. And 1 dog, which came with the property when we took it, and also my 15 parrots. We try our best to give everyone the special quality of life they deserve. So, I just want to make life easier for them also. Thank you all for your input on what to or what not to feed them!

Doggy Cookies
1 c. hot water or broth 1/4 c. dry milk 2 t. bouillon
Mix all together.
Add the following to the mixture
3/4 c. oil 2 eggs 2 T. brown sugar 5 c. whole wheat flour
Stir to form a stiff dough. Roll out and cut into shapes . Cover a cookie sheet with foil and place cookies on it. Bake at 300 for 40 minutes, turning cookies over half way through.

Ham and Swiss on Rye for Rover
2 1/4 c. rye flour 1 c. grated swiss cheese 1 c. grated ham 1/3 c. oil 1 egg 1/2 t. salt
Preheat oven to 350. Combine all ingredients. Roll the dough out 1/2 inch and cut with a dogbone or other cookie cutter. Place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake 15 to 25 minutes depending on size of biscuits. Store in refrigerator in airtight container.

Kitty Kat Munchies
1/2 c. caned mackeral, drained 1 c. whole grain bread crumbs 1 T. oil 1 egg, beaten 1/2 t. yeast , opitional
Prehaet oven to 350. In a bowl mash mackeral with a fork into tiny pieces. Add remaining ingredients, mix well. Drop by 1/4 t. onto cookie sheets. Bake 8 minutes. Cooland store into airtight container in refrigerator.

cat Feast
1/3 c. cottage cheese 2 T. bisquick 1 T. chopped liver 1 T. oil 1 dash salt
Mix all together and feed.

Special Doggy Cookies
2 c. whole wheat flour 1 c. wheat germ 1 c. peanut butter 1 egg 1/4 c. oil 1/2 c. water 1/2 t. salt
Preheat oven to 35o. Combine dry ingredients mix in remaining ingredients. Roll dough out on lightly floured surface, roll out 1/2 inch thick. Cut out with cookie cutter put on ungreased baking sheet. Bake 15 minutes for smaller size increase time for larger cookies. Store in refrigerator.

Bird Food Recipe
2 lbs. lard 2 lb. corn meal 2 lb. flour 1 lb. peanut butter 2 lb. wild bird seed
Melt lard over low heat, stir in peanut butter till smooth then add other ingredients. Store in lard cans with lids or jars in a cool place. Will last 6 months.

Wow thanks for the recipes! It is appreciated!