Refrigerator Sweet and Sour Pickled Beets

Refrigerator Sweet and Sour Pickled Beets

1 15-oz can of sliced beets, reserve juice
1/2 cup of beet juice from above can (add water to make 1/2 cup if necessary)
1/2 cup cider vinegar
1/3 cup white granulated sugar
1 Tbsp dried onion flakes
2 tsp kosher salt or 1 1/4 tsp table salt

In a saucepan, heat sliced beets, beet juice, cider vinegar, sugar, onion flakes and salt.
Bring to a simmer and simmer and stir for 1 minute until sugar is dissolved.

Place in a covered container in refrigerator for 24 hours to marinate.

Serve cold.

What are sliced beets and kosher salt in this recipe.

Beets are also called beetroots. Kosher salt is just a variety of salt similar to sea salt with large crystals. You can use any type of edible salt in the recipe.

Beets are also called beetroots. Kosher salt is just a variety of salt similar to sea salt with large crystals. You can use any type of unflavored edible salt in the recipe.

Sometimes, when searching for recipes I find an ingredient I’m not familiar with. I will go to GOOGLE IMAGES and enter the ingredient name. GOOGLE IMAGES will show a picture of that ingredient. Sometimes this is more helpful than just a text search.

That sounds great, I love pickled beets. I actually made some pickled eggs and beets about a month ago using a similar recipe.

I like to make refrigerator pickled vegetables, but I only need a jar or two. I’m not a farmer with 20 pounds of beets to pickle, like most recipes call for. :smiley: I wish there were more recipes for small amounts to pickle instead of a bushel full.

nice.

this will be a real good to taste for