requesting olive garden minestroni recipe

HELP!!! I LOVE all the olive garden recipes in this Fabulous cookbook, but i am still craving the olive garden minestroni soup… does anyone have a comperable recipe?

Give this one a try … not sure it is exactly like it, but it is good . . . try a search on google to see if the actual one for Olive Garden comes up. ENJOY!!

Shortcut Minestrone Soup

Minestrone soup in a half hour! Heartwarming and healthy
laced with spinach, tomatoes, onions, and carrots, round out
this minestrone with breadsticks for a great meal.

Makes 8 (1 1/2 cup) servings.

Printed from Allrecipes, Submitted by BOCA®

2 quarts water – 8 cups
2 (14.5 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
1 (10 ounce) package Turkey Sausage
2 medium carrots, sliced
1 medium onion, chopped
1 cup bow tie pasta, uncooked
Grated Parmesan cheese (optional)

Directions

1 Squeeze sausage out of the casings and cook until done.

2 PLACE all ingredients except Parmesan cheese into stock
pot or large Dutch oven.

3 BRING to a boil on medium-high heat, stirring
occasionally. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 15 minutes or until
carrots are tender, stirring occasionally.

4 SERVE sprinkled with Parmesan cheese, if desired.

You may want to keep an eye out on the Olive Gardens own web page…

http://www.olivegarden.com/ourpassion/public_search.asp?content=search

They feature different recipes all the time and have a search engine to look for ones posted in the past. These are straight from Olive Garden.

Hope this helps!

KW you obviously did not look at the whole page or site, there are over 25 to 30 recipes that are free and you do not have to download! There is a download for their cookbook in pdf format if you want to download , but the recipes are just links on the site and do not require downloading.

I did not say that the recipe was there I said keep an eye out on that site for it …

I did not imagine all these links:

http://www.olivegarden.com/ourpassion/recipe_archive/

As with all soups, this one tastes much better when it’s made a day in advance. Add the cooked pasta just before you serve it so that it doesn’t become soggy.

MINESTRONE

Makes 6 servings

2 T olive oil
½ onion slice, grilled and chopped
1 green bell pepper, grilled and chopped
1 red bell pepper, grilled and chopped
¼ cup diced carrot
¼ cup diced celery
1 head caramelized garlic
2-3 plum tomatoes, grilled and chopped
½ cup tomato puree
6 cups chicken stock or vegetable stock
3 bay leaves
½ teaspoon dried oregano
½ teaspoon dried basil
½ teaspoon Tabasco
½ cup 1-inch cut green beans
½ cup dry white beans, such as Great Northern or Cannellini, cooked, or 1 cup canned white beans
1 cup cooked small pasta such as ditalini, orzo, elbows, or shells

Heat the oil in a large stockpot or soup kettle. Add the onion, green and red peppers, carrot, celery and garlic and sauté for 2 minutes. Stir in the tomato and tomato puree and cook for 4-5 minutes. Add the stock, bring to a boil, and reduce the heat to a simmer. Add the bay leaves, oregano, basil and Tabasco. Simmer for 45 minutes; add the green beans and cook for 15-20 minutes longer. Stir in the cooked beans and pasta and simmer until they’re heated through. Discard the bay leaves before serving.

I found this one:

Olive Garden Minestrone recipe
Posted by Tiffany at recipegoldmine.com 10:01:50am 3/27/03

1 cup finely minced celery
1 cup finely minced onion
1 cup finely minced carrot
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup garbanzo beans
1/2 cup kidney beans
1/2 cup whole dried peas
1/2 cup white pea beans
3/4 cup sliced carrots
3/4 cup coarsely chopped onion
3/4 cup sliced celery
3/4 cup chopped bell pepper
1/2 cup rice or barley
1 cup shell macaroni
2 tablespoons minced parsley
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon basil
2 teaspoons soy sauce
Pepper to taste
Parmesan cheese

Slowly sauté finely minced onion, celery and carrot in butter until very brown. Add peas and beans and about 3 quarts of water.

Cook slowly until beans are almost done (check garbanzos — they will take the longest) about 2 to 2 1/2 hours. Add the remaining vegetables, rice and spices and more water if necessary and cook another hour.

About 20 minutes before serving time add the macaroni and more water if needed.

Ladle into bowls and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.

Serve with crusty garlic bread.

I’m not sure that I don’t prefer Todd Wilbur’s version posted above by Bama especially the finish with the Spinach, as well as the fact that it’s quicker; although, the old-fashioned, low, slow and long way may give more flavor. Hey, it’s your choice. Hope this helps somewhat. I enjoyed looking for these and comparing all I found. I recommend a site I found where they have another OG Minestrone as well as a large number of other Minestrone recipes. It’s here: Recipes and More! By and for home cooks like you @ CDKitchen Check it out. Thanks for starting the discussion, Thom