Rhubarb and strawberries

Anyone have a good canning recipe for rhubarb and strawberries for a pie filling

This is the pie I make:

3 cups rhubarb stalks cut into 1/2 inch pieces (Trim outside stringy layer of large rhubarb stalks)
1 cup strawberries, stemmed and sliced
1 cup sugar
3 Tablespoons of quick cooking tapioca
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of grated orange peel
Unbaked pastry for two-crust 9 inch pie
(If making a 10 inch pie, or just want more filling, use 4.5 cups of rhubarb, 1.5 cups strawberries, and 1 1/4 cup of sugar)

Preheat oven to 400°F. Mix the rhubarb and the strawberries with the sugar, tapioca, salt, and orange rind. Let sit for 10 minutes. Turn into a pastry lined pan. Top with the pastry, trim the edge, and crimp the top and bottom edges together. Cut slits in the top for the steam to escape. Bake at 400°F for 20 minutes, reduce heat to 350°F, and bake an additional 30-40 minutes longer (40 to 50 minutes longer if doing a 10-inch pie). Cool on a rack. Serve warm or cold. If you do cool to room temperature, the juices will have more time to thicken.

Strawberry-rhubarb jelly

Yield: 7 Half-pints

Ingredients:

1 1/2 lb Red stalks of rhubarb
1 1/2 qt Ripe strawberries
1/2 ts Butter or margarine (opt.) -to reduce foaming
6 c Sugar
6 oz Liquid pectin

Instructions:

Wash and cut rhubarb into 1-inch pieces and blend or grind. Wash stem and crush strawberries one layer at a time in a saucepan. Place both fruits in a jelly bag or double layer of cheesecloth and gently squeeze out juice. Measure 3-1/2 cups of juice into a large saucepan. Add butter and sugar thoroughly mixing into juice. Bring to a boil over high heat stirring constantly. Immediately stir in pectin. Bring to a full rolling boil and boil hard 1 minute stirring constantly. Remove from heat quickly skim off foam and fill sterile jars leaving 1/4-inch headspace. Adjust lids and process about 10 min.

Great,…thanks for your help

Just got finished using your recipe for rhubarb and strawberry pie filling,had to like the bowl,after everything was done …yummy yummy yummy.my rhubarb kinda disappeared jurying cooking,but still had the apples, strawberries in chunks …hope that was right???..now to redo my apple pie filling .couldn’t find clear jel anywhere but I stocked up on liquid certo fruit pectin,and the dry one,can I use the. Liquid one and same amount as the clear jell??? Thank you again kitchen witch for your time and for showing me my big no nos on that cornstarch

O.k. So what can I use instead …I cannot find clear jell anywhere…p.s. You are funny,lol

Just thought I’d mention Cleargel can be obtained throgh Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Cleargel&x=22&y=20&ih=1_0_0_0_0_0_0_0_0_0.2890_1&fsc=-1

Hi,
I am making a substrate for germinating plants and they need the rice for its nutrient value. I messed up and let the pressure cooker cool down overnight and now I’m wondering if I should recook it… It has to remain perfectly sterile until I use it. What would happen if you pressure cooked --canned–something twice? Any response appreciated.