Thought everyone might enjoy some good zucchini recipes. I would like to share a couple I have enjoyed!!
8 zucchini, halved lengthwise
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 (10 ounce) package frozen
chopped spinach, thawed and
2 cups ricotta cheese
2 eggs, beaten 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
ground black pepper to taste
1 (10 ounce) can tomato sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Trim ends of zucchini halves, and scoop out seeds and pulp, leaving about 1/2 inch pulp on skins. In a large saucepan, steam zucchini halves in a vegetable steamer over boiling water for about 5 minutes, until tender but firm. Drain, and immediately plunge into a large bowl filled with enough ice water to cover. Allow to cool completely; drain.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Slowly cook and stir onion and garlic until onion is soft. Stir in spinach, and cook about 1 minute, until wilted.
- Transfer spinach mixture to a medium bowl, and mix in ricotta cheese, eggs, Parmesan cheese, parsley, salt, basil, oregano and pepper. Stuff zucchini halves with even amounts of the mixture, and arrange in a large baking dish. Drizzle with remaining butter.
- Bake uncovered in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, until the stuffing is hot and bubbly. Heat tomato sauce in a small saucepan, and spoon over the zucchini half way through baking.