Rolls Made With Grits

I Just Joined Today So Here Is My First Recipe. I Made These Rolls For My Family Starting In The Early 1980’s. My Son Still Ask Me To Bake These When He Comes Home For A Visit. I Hope You Enjoy These…mgertee From Louisiana

Makes 3 Dozen

Two O.8 Oz Packets Quaker Instant Grits Or 1 Cup Instant Grits.
1/3 Cup Sugar
1 Tablespoon Salt
3 Cups Hot Water
1/3 Cup Vegetable Oil
6 To 6 1/2 Cups Sifted All Purpose Flour
2 Packages Dry Yeast

Combine Instant Grits, Sugar, And Salt In Large Bowl Of Mixer. Add Water, Oil, And 2 Cups Of The Flour. Beat 2 Minutes On Low Speed. Add 1 Cup Additional Flour And Yeast. Beat 1 Minute On Low Speed. Stir In Enough Additional Flour To Make Soft Dough.

Turn Out On Well Floured Board Or Canvas. Knead Until Smooth And Elastic, About 8 - 10 Minutes.

Divide Dough In Half. Shape Each Half Into 18 Balls; Place In 2 Greased 8 Inch Round Cake Pans Or Cookie Sheet. Cover; Let Rise About An Hour Or Until Nearly Double In Size. Bake In Preheated Oven ( 400 F) 30 To 35 Minutes Or Until Golden Brown. Remove From Pans. Bastes With Butter. Serve Warm

Kw, Thank You So Much For The Welcome…i Have Been Ill And Haven’t Been On The Computer…can’t Wait To Start Looking At The Recipes…i Love The Old Time Recipes…i Am From The South And I Love To Cook…thanks…mgertee