1 c. packed brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2-1/4 c. all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
¾ c. unsweetened cocoa powder
1 c. chopped walnuts
1 tbsp. white sugar
48 chocolate-covered caramel candies (Rolo)

Beat butter til creamy. Gradually add sugars, beat well. Add eggs and vanilla, beat well. Combine flour, baking soda and cocoa. Gradually add to butter mixture, beating well. Stir in ½ c. nuts (optional). Cover and chill at least 2 hours.

Preheat oven to 375 F.

Combine remaining ½ c. nuts with the 1 tbsp. sugar. Divide dough into 4 parts. Work with one part at a time leaving the rest in the fridge. Divide each part into 12 pieces. Quickly press each piece of dough around a chocolate-covered caramel. Roll into ball. Dip one side into sugar.

Place sugar-side up 2 inches apart on baking sheets. Bake for 8 minutes. Let cool one minute. Remove to wire rack and cool completely.

this recipe makes me want to pack up the kids and raid the store of rolos.

:stuck_out_tongue: Great recipe. My husband and sister-in-law were fighting over the cookies.

very good~ thank you!

OH Aline, I love Rolo candies…I’m headed to the store for Rolos now!..lol

Hi Noel! Hope you get your Rolos. LOL
I have yet to try this recipe because it’s hard to find Rolos where I live. You see them every now and then. I guess I’ll have to buy out the store when they do get them LOL Judging from the responses from those who have made this cookies, they taste as good as they sound. Can’t wait… I have a very bad “sweet tooth”. :lol:

Aline,
E-mail me your address and I’ll send you a case of Rolos…LOL
Well maybe this will help, I don’t know…it is possible to make an order…here’s the link, hope you get your Rolo! :smiley:

http://www.candy4u.com/hersheysrolo.html

By the way, have you ever tried Hershey’s Caramel kisses…they’re to die for
Oh now there I go, temptemting your sweet tooth…so sue me, I’m a chocoholic and what are chocolate buddies for? :lol:

Hi again Noel!

thanks for that website, will check it out. And yes, I have tried those caramel kisses LOL Can’t get my husband to stop buying them…he eats them all! lol

i find that rolos are also hard to find for me to. haven’t found those kisses either…and my of my altime favorites is almond joy. cant find that here. some one send me a case LOL

swtness try this link and do a search for almond joy…You may actually be able to get a case…who knowes?

http://www.candy4u.com/hersheysrolo.html