Rose Tea Dessert Soup

Serves 4

4 cups steeped rose tea
1 cup dried snow fungus, soaked in water for 20 minutes (chop to smaller pieces if too big)
1/2 cup dried lotus seed, soaked in water for 20 minutes
1/2 cup rock sugar
2 teaspoons Goji berries

In a small pot, bring rose tea to boil. Reduce to simmer, and add strained snow fungus and lotus seed. Continue to simmer for 30 minutes, adding Goji berries in the last 2 minutes of cooking. Cool, and serve at room temperature or chilled.

Wow it’s such a great information, thanks for sharing this information. This one will be very testy soup. I will also try to make this dish and I am also sharing this important dish to my friend. It’s really very interesting.

What is this? Sounds like voodoo, lol! Never heard of snow fungus or lotus seed.

If you thought chocolate pasta was strange, try a sweet soup on for size!

Soups are a popular choice for dessert in many countries, particularly the further east you travel. Whether it’s an Asian red bean concoction, or one of the many fruit soup recipes from around the world, sweet soups are something different and tasty to add to your cooking repertoire.

Some of these suggestions, particularly the fruit-based recipes, can also be eaten as a refreshing starter or as a tasty snack between meals.