salty soup

Hi, This is my first time using the blog. I have made some soup from some freshly smoked turkey. Taste great but is a little on the salty side. Any suggestions to cut the saltyness. Thanks for your help.

Potatoes seem to absorb salt, so you can try cooking some peeled, sliced russet potatoes in the soup. When they are fully cooked you can either eat them with the soup if it’s not too salty or pick them out and dispose of them.

Hi im new on here. I find this board very useful & its helped me out tonns. i hope to be able to give something back and help other ppl like its helped me.

Thxs, See ya around.

I would make another batch of soup leaving out any salt and mix the two batches together.

Heya im new on here, I found this board very useful & it has helped me out tonns. i should be able to give something back & help other people like it has helped me.

Thxs, See you around.

Hello im new on here, I found this message board quite helpful and it has helped me out loads. i hope to be able to contribute and help other ppl like it has helped me.

Cheers all, See you around.

What’s Happening i am fresh to this. I came accross this website I have found It very helpful and it has helped me out loads. I hope to contribute & aid other users like it has helped me.

Thank You, See Ya Later

Whats’s Up i am fresh here. I came upon this message board I find It extremely accommodating and it has helped me out a lot. I hope to give something back and assist other people like it has helped me.

Thank You, Catch You Around

Hi I am new too but just wanted to say hi ya’ll, and sorry about the soup.

Maybe you can add some more sugar to the soup :slight_smile:

I think that smoked turkey is quite a salty meat to use so seasoning this soup is probably pointless as it will make it saltier.
Try using a different type of turkey - I’d be interested to know if it is still as salty.