Sara Lee Carrot Square Cake Recipe
- 2 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 6 oz Oil
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Baking powder
- 2 teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 1/4 cups All-purpose flour
- 1 cup Carrots; grate fine
- 1 cup Walnuts; well-chopped
- 1/2 cup Light raisins; optional
Cream cheese icing:
- 6 oz Cream cheese; softened
- 1/4 lb Butter
- 1 lb Powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Orange extract
- 1 teaspoon Spice island orange peel
- 1 tablespoon Light corn syrup or pancake
- 1 tablespoon Cornstarch or flour
Combine eggs, vanilla, oil, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, sugar and flour in a bowl and mix with electric mixer on medium-high.
Beat 3 minutes scraping down sides of bowl often. Remove beaters. Stir in carrots, wanuts and raisins. Grease and flour 9″ square pan.
Spread batter evenly in pan. Bake at 325 degrees F about 50 minutes. Cool in pan about 30 minutes. Frost with Cream Cheese Frosting and sprinkle with additional walnuts.
Prepare the icing: Cream the cream cheese with the butter until light and fluffy, using medium-high speed of electric mixer. Add half of the sugar, increasing speed to high.
Add extract and peel and beat about 1 minute. Scrape down sides of bowl often. Resume beating adding remaining powdered sugar.
Beat smooth. Frost sides and top of cake.
Until Next Time… Be Well!