Sauce for ham

Im looking for a sauce for a ham. The one im wanting to make i know it has cranberries in it and brown sugar but then im not sure. I was wondering if any one knwe. I looked thur some of my books i can’t find any. My mom use to make this.

would either of these help you??

1 (16-ounce) can jellied cranberry sauce
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/4 cup orange juice
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
1 (5-pound) ham
1/3 cup water

Preheat oven to 325°F.
In a small saucepan combine cranberry sauce, brown sugar, orange juice, cloves, cinnamon and allspice. Heat slowly, stirring until smooth.
Place ham on rack in a shallow roasting pan with water. Insert a meat thermometer. Bake until thermometer registers 125°F, 1½ to 2 hours. Brush a third of the glaze on the ham 30 minutes before the end of the baking time. Spoon on the remaining glaze every 10 minutes.
After removing ham from oven, let stand 15 minutes before carving.
Makes 8 servings.

1 8 to 10 pound smoked ham, trimmed of rind and excess fat
2 dozen whole cloves
1 (1 pound) can jellied cranberry sauce
1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar

Rub ham under cold water, and damp dry. Insert a meat thermometer into center of ham, making sure the bulb does not touch the bone. Place ham fat side up on rack in open roasting pan, and cover ham with a piece of clean brown wrapping paper or a large paper sack torn open, tucking it well down the sides. Place in a moderately slow oven (300 to 325°F) and bake uncovered, allowing 15 to 25 minutes per pound. A tenderized ham (as most are today) will require closer to the 15 minutes. The internal temperature of the ham about 150°F.
One half hour before ham is done, remove from oven and pour all drippings from pan. Score ham crisscross fashion in diamond pattern with sharp knife and stud each “diamond” with a clove.
Crush cranberry sauce with fork, add brown sugar, and blend until smooth. Spread all over ham.
Return ham to oven and bake 1/2 hour longer, basting occasionially with pan drippings.
Just before serving, spoon cranberry sauce from bottom of pan over ham until it glistens.

Kitchen Witch

one half of a ready-to-eat ham
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 Tbsp. corn starch
1 1/2 cups cranberry juice
1/2 cup orange juice

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Place ham on a rack, and place rack in a shallow pan. Cook uncovered - approximately 22 minutes per pound.
About 30 minutes before ham is done, combine brown sugar, cornstarch, cranberry juice and orange juice in a small saucepan. Place over medium-high heat and bring to boil, stirring constantly until mixture thickens. Remove from heat.
About 15 minutes before ham is done, remove it from the oven. Brush on a heavy coating of glaze and return to the oven for another 15 minutes.
Remove from oven. Slice into thick slices. Line a serving platter with lettuce. Arrange ham slices on top. Garnish with whole cranberries and orange slices

Kitchen Witch

I think i will use the second one it sounds good. All of them sounds good so im printed them out .
Thanks alot. :slight_smile:

you’re very welcomed!

Kitchen Witch