Savory Pressure cooker Pot Roast

I was recently given an electric pressure cooker. Today I tried it for the first time with the following recipe. It was outstanding.

Savory Pressure Cooker Pot Roast

3 lbs chuck roast
1 tablespoon Season-All salt
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup peeled baby carrot
1 cup chopped celery
1 cup sliced onion
1 3/4 cups water
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
5 medium potatoes, peeled and cut in half lengthwise
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 teaspoons beef bouillon powder or beef base
2 bay leaves

Coat roast with SeasonAll.
In a non-stick pan brown meat in olive oil, on high, on all sides to sear in juices. Transfer to the pressure cooker.
Add carrots, celery and onions.
Add water and Worcestershire sauce.
Place potato halves on top of roast and add pepper, beef bouillon powder and bay leaves.
Lock pressure cooker lid in place and bring to pressure over medium-high heat.
Adjust heat to stabilize pressure at about medium pressure.
Cook for one hour.
Release pressure naturally - don’t use quick release.
As all pressure cookers are different, test meat and fork the potatoes to make sure they are done.
If not, add water, if necessary, and return to pressure.
When done, release pressure and serve.

Sounds great. I know someone on another site who will love this recipe. Thanks for posting it.

You are welcome.

Thankyou, I have also just bought an electric pressure. Looking for economical and tasty recipes/

I love pot roast, but I’ve never thought about making it in a pressure cooker. I might have to give it a try.

this is very lovely to knao actuallu

I luv pressure cookers! To enhance flavor, prebrown your meat then put onn pot rack and top with veggies. ALWAYS minimum 2 C liquid in pot. Basically 5-8 minutes per pound once gauge is steadily rocking.
large artichokes +/- 10 minutes. For pinto or black beans. cover with water and nuke for 10 minutes. Then drain and into cooker with onions, cumin etc and cover with I" water over top of beans and rock for 20-25 min. let rocker come down naturally. They’ll be tender and not gassy. Have fun with your new pressure cooker. FSULady