2 Oz honey cured ham slices
1 Oz cotto salami slices
1 Oz genoa salami slices
1 1/2 Oz marinated olives
1/2 Oz yellow mustard
Shredded lettuce
Tomato slices
White onion slices

In large mixing bowl combine warm water, sugar and yeast. Let stand about 5 minutes till very bubbly.

With wire whisk add the rest with only 1 cup of the flour, beating to smooth dough

Beat in rest of flour till batter is thick and sticky but smooth, all flour being dissolved

Divide dough between 5 oven-proof, Pam-sprayed, cornmeal dusted (let excess shake out) soup bowls (each 5" in diameter). OR FOR MORE authentic shape divide batter equally between 5 greased cans from 1-1/2 lb Dinty Moore Stew, insides also dusted in cornmeal.

Cover each one in a square of Saran wrap sprayed in a bit of Pam and that side down.

Let raise almost an hour or till above rim of bowls or cans. Discard Saran pieces.

Bake on center rack of 375° oven about 20 minutes or
till golden brown.

Let cool in containers on rack, spraying tops each
in a bit of Pam while they cool to keep crusts soft.

TO USE FOR
SANDWICHES-slice in half horizontally and grill on lightly buttered hot griddle as you would for grilled cheese sandwich or broiler toast till golden.

Spread garlic dressing over both sides of bun.

Sprinkle parmesan cheese and cheddar cheese on bottom bun.

Spread mustard and mozzarella cheese on top bun.

Toast to melt cheese.

Heat meats and place on buns with ham on bottom and salamis on top.

Build with olives, tomato, lettuce and onion.

Source:
“Source: Gloria Pitzer’s Less Fat Cookbook for 1994/95.”

Hello My name is Ron and in our home I do all the cooking (with the possible exception of some deserts) While I do make some killer cookies sweets are not my specialty. I primarily concentrate on main dishes. I make a really unique Moroccan chicken stew and a very good swiss steak that almost broke up the relatioship of some friends of ours. I am one of the very few people who enjoy grocery shopping, so you know right away that I am slightly warped. I’ll send along some recipes later.