Searching for a Diabetic brownie recipe--without any chocolate

I am looking for a recipe for brownies, that would be suitable for a diabetic. The catch is my brother has always despised chocolate. He has been very good about staying away from what he know is going to be already sweet to the taste, which pretty much leave him never eating dessert. I have tried the applepie recipe, and while that was very good, not very easy to just grab and eat. Cookies have already been done to the hilt, oatmeal, banana, spice, etc. I would like to try a brownie, where I can just sub the chocolate, already have a great brownie diabetic recipe, with chocolate.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

Wow, I can really relate to your brother. I’ve never been a fan of cakes, cookies, or candy. It’s not that I’m totally anti-sweet, but too much is yuck, which is often most things with sugar.
So anyways, try something with nuts. Nuts have a way of cutting the sugariness of sweets (and the fiber & good oils couldn’t hurt).
You could try carob to substitute for chocolate, but since it has a cocoa flavor, it might defeat the purpose.

Hi,
I am a diabetic myself and find it hard to eat cakes/sweets that doesn’t totally ruin my bloodsugar level. But I’ve made muffins with cocoa-powder instead of chocolate, bananas, nuts and/or diabetic fruit-spread - and Splenda - they’re great because you can put them in the freezer.

This is originally a banana-cake recipe, but works perfectly as muffins. Sorry I don’t have the US measurements, but hopefully you can convert the metric system :slight_smile:

3 eggs
0,5 dl sugar + 2,5 dl Splenda

75 grams butter/margarine/oil
275 grams (4,5 dl) all purpose flour
2 ts bakingsoda

2 ts vanillaextract (or vanillasugar)
3 mashed bananas
1 dl yoghurt

Add cocoa powder if desired.

Bake 30 minutes 175 degr. Celcius