- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 large eggplant (about 1-1/2 pounds), unpeeled, cut into scant 3/4-inch
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 large tomato
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium vegetable, or chicken broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
Spray large skillet with cooking spray; heat over
medium heat until hot. Saute vegetables until crisp-
tender, 8 to 10 minutes; add herbs and red pepper
and cook 1 to 2 minutes longer.
Add broth to skillet and heat to boiling; reduce
heat and simmer, covered, until vegetables are
tender and broth absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes.
Season to taste with salt and pepper.