Makes one solar oven pot.
¼ cup Butter or margarine (softened) 2 Cups sliced Strawberries (or other fruit - fresh or frozen)
½ cup Sugar Vanilla Ice Cream or Whipped Cream
1 or 2 Eggs beaten
½ cup Buttermilk (Or, ½ cup water with 2 Tbs powdered buttermilk)
1 cup Flour
1 tsp. Baking Soda
- Cream butter and sugar together.
- Add beaten egg(s) slowly to butter and sugar mixture. Mix well.
- Add buttermilk slowly to butter, sugar and egg mixture. Mix well.
- Sift together the flour and baking soda.
- Add dry ingredients to liquid ingredients. Stir until well blended.
- Pour mixture into floured and greased solar oven pot.
- Put pot with lid on in solar oven for baking. Approximately 1½ - 2 hours.
- Allow shortcake to cool with lid off of pot.
- Serve with fresh strawberry slices (or other fruit), juiced with 2 tsp sugar, whipping cream or ice cream.