Slow Cooker Shredded Beef Tacos

I made this today and I REALLY enjoyed it. I didn’t use the cilantro and lime juice. I used 2 cloves of garlic and 1/4 tsp garlic powder. I had 1-1/2 inch cubes of sirloin (bought a roast last month and cut it into cubes for later use). I had 20 cubes for this recipe. Cooked it on High for 4-5 hours, shredded the beef and returned it to the sauce, reduced setting to Low for 30 minutes. Served it with shredded lettuce, chopped green onions and sour cream. Hubby and daughter added the basmati rice I served on the side. Used small soft tortillas shells and had them as fajitas. Myself I just had it with lettuce. This has certainly become one of my favourite recipes.

The medium salsa gave it a really nice “bite” - just a little heat, but not too much. The “taste” is absolutely awesome! After I added the soya sauce, I wasn’t too sure because I found that it smelled quite strong of soya. But when it was done, it gave the sauce such great taste. The sauce thickens when it’s cooking. Once you shred the meat, the meat sucks up most of the juice.

Hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

Slow Cooker Shredded Beef Tacos

1-1/2 pounds boneless beef chuck, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
3/4 cup bottled chunky medium-hot salsa
2 tbsp chopped garlic
1 tbsp (packed) dark brown sugar
1 tbsp soy sauce
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
1 tbsp fresh lime juice (optional)

Combine salsa, brown sugar and soy sauce and pour over meat in slow cooker insert. Cover and cook for 8 hours on LOW or 5 to 6 hours on HIGH, or until meat is fork-tender. Shred meat with two forks and stir in cilantro and lime juice if using.

Set out taco shells or small soft corn tortillas, and all the fixings.

You can use the meat for burritos, topped with sour cream, chopped onions, hot peppers, chopped tomatoes, lettuce, etc.