Sour Cream Fudge Cake /w Chocolate Glaze

If you love chocolate, you’ll love this. I made it in a bundt pan and drizzled the chocolate glaze over the top (you can use any frosting you desire). So decadent! I used hot coffee instead of hot water, and butter instead of vegetable shortening. The cake is very fudgy and chocolaty. The other day I made a marble cake from a box and daughter really liked it, so I told her that I would make her a homemade cake so that she can taste the difference. Now, I’m trying to give some of this fudge cake to my neighbours so we don’t eat it all, but hubby won’t let me! He actually sat down at the table and started eating more cake LOL.

Sour Cream Fudge Cake

2 cups sifted cake flour
1½ cups sugar
1 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt
1/3 cup vegetable shortening
1 cup sour cream
3 oz (3 squares) unsweetened chocolate, melted
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
¼ cup hot water or hot coffee

Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease bottom of 13 x 9 x 1-½ inch pan, line with wax paper and grease paper.

Sift together flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. Add shortening, and sour cream and beat 2 minutes. Add chocolate, eggs, vanilla and hot water and beat 2 minutes longer.

Turn batter into prepared pan and bake until cake rebounds to touch when pressed gently in center, about 25 minutes.

Cool cake in pan 5 minutes. Turn out on rack, remove paper and cool. Frost as desired. To serve, cut into squares.

Satiny Chocolate Glaze

¾ cup semisweet chocolate chips
3 tbsp butter
1-1/2 tbsp corn syrup or honey
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp almond extract

In microwave or in a double boiler over hot, but not boiling water, combine chocolate chips, butter and corn syrup. Stir until chips are melted and mixture is smooth, then add vanilla.

Spread warm glaze over top of cake, letting it drizzle down the sides.

I would like to know why all at once these recipes are coming in these narrow things… very hard to read and save!!!

Why do some of your recipes include strange characters in the middle of measurements? Such as 1½ cups sugar or ¾ cup semisweet chocolate chips. How do you know what the actual measurement is?

Thanks for the edit and getting rid of the “strange characters”…=;D
CinStraw