Sour Cream Noodle Bake by Kitchen Witch

I tried this recipe, I really liked it, however there are 2 things I could change about it. The green onions in the noodles really is too much. They overpower a little and do not really get cooked. I would omit them, and just put a little yellow onion into the beef as it browns. Also you really do not need the cheddar cheese on top if you do not want to put it. The dish is very rich and it would not be mixed.

On a side note, the beef mixture is great when mixed into Mac N Cheese. It turns it into a nice beefy mac.

Lisa

Sour Cream Noodle Bake

1 (8 ounce) package medium-wide egg noodles
Boiling salted water
1 pound ground beef
1 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
1 cup sour cream
1 cup cream-style small curd cottage cheese
1 cup green onion, chopped
1 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded

Cook noodles in boiling salted water about 8 minutes. Rinse in cold water; drain.
Brown beef; pour off excess grease. Add salt, pepper, garlic salt and tomato sauce. Simmer 5 minutes.
Combine cottage cheese, sour cream, green onion and cooked noodles.
Alternate layers of noodle mixture and meat mixture in a greased 2-quart casserole dish, beginning with noodles and ending with meat. Top with Cheddar cheese. Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and lightly browned.

wow…a friend of mine has been making this for years…hamburger surprise. I really like the green onion flavor.