Preparation: 20 minutes, Cooking time: 45 minutes, Total: 65 minutes
500 gram of beef (choose the brisket cut)
750 ml water
2 stalks of lemongrass, crushed (you can substitute with 2 lemon verbena leaves)
1 tbsp. sugar
3 cm of galangal, crushed
2 tbsp. sweet soy sauce
1 tbsp. Beef broth powder
Salt to taste
3 tbsp. Cooking Oil, for sautéing
1 piece of kaffir lime leaf
11 cloves of shallot, mashed
6 cloves of garlic, mashed
½ tsp pepper powder
2 cm of ginger, mashed
4 candlenuts, roasted and mashed
4 cm of Turmeric, mashed
Spicy Sauce Ingredients:
150 gram of peanuts, fried and mashed
9 red chili peppers, mashed
1 tbsp. palm sugar, slice smoothly (or you can substitute with brown sugar)
¼ tbsp. sugar
2 tsp of tamarind water (you can substitute with sour carambole)
3 cloves of shallot, mashed
2 cloves of garlic, mashed
Salt to taste
How to make the Spicy Sauce: Grind the red chili peppers, shallots, garlics, salt, grinded palm sugar and tamarind water. Then, sauté the puree seasoning with 2 tbsp. of cooking oil for 3 minutes. Add 200 ml water into it and wait until the spicy sauce becomes thick. After that, lift it and put into a small bowl.
How to Cook:
- Boil the beef (brisket) until half cooked. Then, drain it and cut into dices.
- Add 1800 ml water into your pot and boil the beefs again.
- While the beefs are boiled until well cooked, heat the cooking oil in a pan with a medium heat (130-140OF) and sauté the puree seasoning which have been prepared for 3 minutes. Then, add galangal, kaffir lime leaf and lemongrasses.
- After that, put the sauté seasoning into the pot. Add salt, sugar, sweet soy sauce and beef broth powder.
- Cook it well. Then, wait until the beefs are become tender and ready to be served.
- Serve: Prepare the bowl and fill it with the complements, such as short bean sprouts, glass noodles which have been boiled, green onions, celeries, fried soy beans, crispy fried shallots.
- To make it more delicious, eat the special yellow beef soup of Sokaraja with rice, spicy sauce and crackers.