spice mix used in Sbarro potatoes?

Hello - We are wondering what sort of spice mix Sbarro’s may be using to make their potatoes. Its pretty yummy and we’d like to make this stuff at home.

Thanks!

Cut red potatoes into 4th’s, coat with extra virgin olive oil, top with thyme, rosemary and cumin and salt and pepper to tast. Roast in the oven until tender about 30-45 minutes at 350

wow, not even close lol you boil them first , while you mix together paprika, garlic salt, onion powder, oregano. when the potatoes are soft you place them in a bowl and coat them with the olive oil or butter depending on the store, then you mix in the spices, place them on a flat sheet and put them in an oven preheated to 450 for 15-20 minutes or until a golden brown color on the outside. the recipe you gave is actually italian roasted potatoes. I worked for sbarros for 5 years and could make them in my sleep

Hello, I noticed how long ago this was posted so I’m hoping to get a reply. Are the spices and olive oil to taste or are there specific amounts? Thanks

Add a generous portion of herbs such as rosemary or thyme or some whole spices such as cumin and/or coriander. Add a small amount of olive oil and toss all the ingredients together until everything is well coated.

Pre -heat your oven to 410F. (Better is to use a convection oven at 400F.) Place the potatoes in a roasting pan just large enough to hold them in a single layer. (If the potatoes are small put them in whole, otherwise cut them into pieces about 2 inches long.) Personally I prefer to peel potatoes but that is up to you. Add a generous portion of herbs such as rosemary or thyme or some whole spices such as cumin and/or coriander. Add a small amount of olive oil and toss all the ingredients together until everything is well coated.

Roast in the oven until tender, stirring occasionally (especially if you don’t have a convection oven) to stop the potatoes sticking to the bottom of the pan. Check for doneness after 45 minutes. The potatoes should be well browned. (If they are fork tender but not browned increase the temeperature by 10F. Watch closely till they are browned.)

I like an addition of onions to this dish. Thickly slice some onions, toss them in oil and mix them into the potatoes after they have been cooking for about 10 minutes. (They will burn if you add them too soon.)