Spices and seasonings to go with fruit or cinnamon?

I’ve been making liqueurs for a while, and I’m starting to get pretty good at it. I’m now able to produce some fairly decent fruit flavors, but I’m a little stuck as to how I might be able to enhance them through additional flavorings. Specific concerns include:

1. Cinnamon. Cinnamon infusions generally taste exactly like licking bark, which I suppose is reasonable considering as that’s what they’re made out of. I’ve tried adding nutmeg, but it doesn’t seem to do much. What can I add to cinnamon to produce a more convincing crème de cinnamo?

2. Pomegranate. I actually have some of this stuff infusing, and I’m debating adding something to it - maybe a little anise?

3. Orange. I think I’ve finally cracked orange liqueurs - maybe it’s just better oranges, but I’ve had good luck toasting the orange peels first. I might add just a little bit of cardamom.

4. Cranberries. I really like using cranberries - they’re incredibly consistent, widely available, and pretty cheap. Of course, they taste…well, quite pungent. I don’t want to dilute the flavor, and I don’t want to go for the standard “holiday mix” with cinnamon and the like. Any suggestions?