Starbucks Banana Walnut Bread

The secret to making excellent banana nut bread is the banana peeling should be almost black so the bananas will be mushy and over ripe.

1 3/4 cups flour (bread flour is best)
2/3 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup mashed ripe (this is usually 2 or 3 bananas)
1/3 cup margarine
2 tablespoons milk
2 eggs
1 cup chopped walnuts (divided into 2 (1/2 cup) portions

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a medium size bowl combine all dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt), stir together to combine. In another medium size bowl combine margarine and sugar, with a mixer cream the margarine, and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add in mashed bananas, eggs, milk and mix well. Add 1/2 of the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, mix until the flour is just mixed in, then add in the remaining flour and 1/2 cup walnuts, blend together until everything is mixed together. Do not overstir.

Pour batter into a greased 8x4 inch loaf pan. Then top the batter with the remaining chopped walnuts. Bake at 350 degrees for 55 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack.

While Starbucks does not make their banana bread with butter, I think this comes out more rich this way. I also like to add in a sprinkle or two of cinnamon and sugar into this, again, not in their recipe, it does add that little something extra.

Love Banana Bread… BUT @ this time… Zucchini is prolific in my garden… Zucchini Bread!!!

I love banana bread. I bet the addition of butter would make it more rich. Also I like the idea of adding in some cinnamon. I’ve never done that with my banana bread before. Nice recipe!

Thanks for the recipe only problem IS…when I make a loaf/quick bread,…I have to eat it ALL the same day, 'cause I don’t like them as well once they have “cooled”!:wink:

lol, yeah mine usually don’t get much of a chance to cool either. There is nothing like some warm banana bread with a cup of good coffee.

This sounds delicious and I will be making it ASAP!

Thanks.