Starbucks Sous Vide Egg Bites Bacon Gruyere

4 eggs
4 tablespoons of cottage cheese
1/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
1/4 cup shredded Gruyere cheese
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 pieces of thin bacon cooked crisp
1/4 cup shredded Gruyere cheese for broiling

Set your sous vide for 167 degrees. This will take some time to heat. So prepare the recipe while this heats up. Into a blender add 4 eggs, 4 tablespoons cottage cheese, the 1/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese, 1/4 cup shredded Gruyere cheese and salt. Puree until it is a uniform mixture.

Spray 4 jars(I use half-pint wide mouth jelly jars) with a non-stick spray. Break a piece of bacon into each jar. Pour egg mixture into jars. Wipe the rim of the jar to make sure it is clean, then place the lid on the jar. Place jars into the sous vide.

Cook eggs for about 35 minutes or until they are completely set.

Remove eggs from the jars when they are done. Sprinkle additional shredded Gruyere cheese on top, and broil until they just turn brown.

These sound good. I will have to figure out how to do them without a sous vide machine.

lvdkeyes - do you have a popover tin? muffin tin? I know it’s not vacuum sealed and immersed in a water bath without the machine - but I bet it can still be done. I’m going to try a large roaster with a cover, popover tin in a water bath - should be interesting.

KW, your method should work since it is more about technique rather than a vacuum seal.

Once limited to the world’s best restaurants, sous vide cooking (pronounced “sue-veed”) is a technique that makes it easy to achieve professional-quality results in the kitchen. Sous vide, which means “under vacuum” in French, refers to the process of vacuum sealing food and putting it in a water bath. However, you don’t need to vacuum seal your food to cook sous vide. Instead, this technique is really about bringing food to a precisely controlled temperature to deliver super-juicy, flavor-packed results from edge to edge, every time.

That I know - I’m not worried about the vacuum-process - but one thing I don’t need is another electrical appliance in my house! Coming up with my own version of a contraption is easier. My kitchens (yeah - 2 full ones) cannot hold much more. When you get to be a certain age you improvise - sometimes it works - sometimes it doesn’t.

I recommend using an egg bites molds.

How to Sous Vide Without the Fancy Machine

Step 1: Prepare a water bath. Fill your pot with water. ...
Step 2: Mount a thermometer on the side of the pot (optional). ...
Step 3: Heat water. ...
Step 4: Place food in a Ziploc bag. ...
Step 5: Cook. ...
Step 6: Sear (optional). ...
Step 7: Season and serve!