Strawberry Pretzel Salad

This is a different salad from the norm. Don’t know exactly why they call it a salad. It taste more like a dessert. I got this recipe from a friend some years ago I have revised it some. It is very good.

21/3 Cup Crushed Pretzels
11/4 Cup Sugar
11/2 sticks light margarine
1 8oz. package light cream cheese
11/2 Cup light Cool Whip (12oz.)
2 (10oz.) pkg. Frozen Strawberries
2 Cup Boiling Water
1 (6oz.) Pkg. Sugar Free Strawberry Jello

Crush pretzels coarsely. Mix 1/4 cup sugar and margarine. Pat into a 9 x 13 inch glass baking dish. Bake at 350*F. for 5 to 10 minutes, (cool.)

Blend cream cheese, cool whip and 1 cup of sugar. Spread over the pretzel mixture. (Refrigerate overnight.)

TOPPING:

Use 2 cups boiling water, mix with jello, 2 (10oz.) packages frozen strawberries. Let stand until soft set. Spoon over cream cheese filling. (Refrigerate overnight.)

NOTE:

If you use raspberries use raspberry jello ( Sugar free if you can find it. It is very hard to find in this area so I just use the regular. I use to find it is Texas all of the time.)

Hi Southern Belle,

I have had this at many get-togethers in the past but never got the recipe. Thank you…I love this dish. Also, haven’t found a kid that hasn’t.

Hi Southern Belle,
This is one of my favorite Jell-O salads. Unfortunately, my friend who used to make this moved away and can’t find the recipe to send to me, so finding this is great. Thank you so much for posting it.

Denice

Hi & thanks for bringing this recipe to mind again, almost forgot about it & is a great spring/summer one. I did make this several years ago but I forgot about it. The one thing I do remember that I did wrong…I didn’t crush the pretzels enough & the ‘crust’ part & the smooth yummy center clashed with each other. I only used a rolling pin, this time I’ll whip them around in a blender or food processor. Thanks for reminding me! The salty & sweet is a fantastic taste.