Sugar Free Oatmeal Cream Pie recipe?

My grandfather-in-law is diabetic and doesn’t do that great at controlling his sugar. His favorite food in the world are Little Debbie oatmeal cream pies… a little too much sugar for a diabetic… For christmas I want to make him homeade sugar free oatmeal cream pies but I can’t find a recipe anywhere. I can’t figure out how to make the cream sugar free… Does anyone know a recipe or have an idea how to do this?

----UPDATE------

I found this recipe for the cookie filling

Cream Filling
2 teaspoons very hot water
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow cream
1/2 cup shortening
1/3 cup powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla

I also just learned that you can make diabetic powdered sugar by mixing 3/4c splenda with 2t cornstarch. So that fixes one of my biggest problems… but is marshmallow cream okay? I would think it would still have sugar… is it? If not, does anyone know a substitute?

Cookie Recipe

1 cup margarine
3/4 cup dark brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon molasses
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
1 1/2 cups quick oats

I know the sugar can be substituted for splenda pretty easily. Is there a substitute for brown sugar? Just like the marshmallow… is molasses okay?

PS:
The 60 – sec Habit called Halki Diabetes remedy can help with weight and diabetes issues.

Thanks for the recipe above. As it is people with diabetes can consume steel cut oats which have lesser glycemic index than instant oats and have been useful in lowering sugar levels as per some studies.

Coming to the point, here’s another recipe that I came across (short, simple and sweet in a healthy way).

You can check the recipe here: Oatmeal Breakfast of Champions