SUN DRIED TOMATOES

WHETHER THEIR PACKED IN OIL, SALT OR DRIED FORM. I NEVER KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH THEM, BESIDES ADDING IT TO PASTA

I really like the taste of sun dried tomatoes, so I use them in many different dishes. I like to use the tomatoes that are oil packed. I add them to scrambled eggs or omlets. I use them in vegetable soups. I make a topping for baked fish with sun dried tomatoes, roasted red peppers, black olives, artichoke hearts, and minced garlic. I use them in salad, and on pizza, also in calzones. I use them whenever a recipe calls for tomatoes if I think it will taste good. Hope that helps you.

Spicy Sun-Dried Tomato & Turkey Sandwich

Ingredients:
2 tablespoon mayonnaise
1 tablespoon prepared sun-dried tomato spread or 2 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
1 Sara Lee Bakery Bun
3 slices Sara Lee Peppered Turkey Breast
1 slice Sara Lee Mozzarella Cheese
field greens

Preparation:
Mix mayonnaise and sun-dried tomatoe spread in a small bowl.
Spread sun-dried tomato mayonnaise on bun slices.
Add turkey, cheese, and greens

Sun-dried Tomato Dip

1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
3 teaspoons basil
2 Tablespoons garlic, chopped
1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
1 cup olive oil
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cracked pepper

Combine ingredients and allow to set for 1 or 2 days. Serve with bread.

Linguini with Chicken and Sun-Dried Tomatoes

4 boneless, skinless chicken breast
1/4 cup flour
3 Tbsp. EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
1/4 cup (2 oz) pinenuts
4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
1 small onion, diced
1 cup (2 oz) sun-dried tomatoes, sliced
2 tsp. capers
3 Tbsp. black or greek olives, chopped
4 marinated artichoke hearts, diced
2 Tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped or 1 1/2 tsp dried
1/4 tsp. oregano
1/4 tsp. basil
Freshly ground pepper to taste
2 cups chicken stock or broth
1 lb. linguini, prepared as directed on pkg.
Grated parmesan cheese

Roast pinenuts at 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Shake the pan a few times to prevent burning. Dredge chicken in flour. Heat olive oil in a skillet and add dredged chicken. Cook each side until golden brown. Set chicken aside and keep warm. Sauté garlic and onions until tender. Stir sun-dried tomatoes, capers, olives, artichokes, parsley, and pine nuts into skillet. Add oregano, basil and ground pepper. Pour in chicken stock (broth) and bring to a slow boil, stirring occasionally. Add chicken breasts and continue to cook for 30 more minutes or until done. Serve over linguini and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese (as much as you need/want).

Makes 4 servings

Sun-dried Tomatoes with Gorganzola Meatloaf

Meatloaf:
1 1/2 lb. lean ground beef
1/2 lb. lean ground pork
1 C soft bread crumbs
1 egg
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper

Filling:
4 C fresh spinach, washed and dried
1 C gorganzola cheese, crumbled
1/2 C thinly sliced sun-dried tomatoes

Sauce Topping:
1 C ketchup
2 T brown sugar, packed
2 T chopped sun-dried tomatoes

Preheat oven to 350°.
Combine the beef and pork, bread crumbs, egg, salt and pepper. Lightly blend. Press 1/2 of the mixture in the bottom of a 9"x5" loaf pan. Down the center, top with spinach, then cheese and finally the sun-dried tomatoes. Leave a small border of meat around the edge. Top with the remaining meat mixture, enclosing the filling and sealing the edges. Blend sauce topping ingredients and spread on top. Bake for 1 hour, till top is brown . Remove from oven and let stand for 10 minutes before removing from pan and slicing into 1" slices.

I just put them on a slice of warm Italian bread and eat it like pizza.

You can even warm up the sun-dried tomatoes and the bread at the same time.

Yummy!!!

Good post. I appriciate it

Sun Dried Tomato Pesto

6 oz sun-dried tomatoes
½ cup pine nuts
½ cup walnuts
3 tbsp fresh basil (lots)
1 tsp parsley, rosemary, thyme, sage
1 tsp black pepper
½ tsp salt
12 oz can of tomato paste
Extra Virgin olive oil
1 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 flower garlic, peeled and chopped

Combine the Sun-dried tomatoes, pine nuts, walnuts, basil, parsley, rosemary, thyme, sage, pepper and salt into a saucepan. Pour enough olive oil to cover the ingredients. Heat to a simmer. DO NOT BOIL. Simmer for 30-40 minutes. Let cool. Put in food processor and puree. Add parmesan cheese and the tomato paste. Continue to puree until desired consistency. Chill and serve with blue cheese and crackers.

I go to a restaurant that makes a creamy sun dried tomato cream sauce for pasta that is killer! Can’t figure it ot but I know they make a sun dried tapenade & cream but no ther ideas though I suspect cheese. Anyone got a recpie?

Hi LISA…please check your personal message box, I posted what we do. Good Luck!

ANYTIME MEATLOAF IS ON THE TABLE…WELL, LET ME JUST SAY, IT’S ONE OF OUR FAVORITE MEALS.
Cin(\0/)