sweet tea

Does anyone have the recipe for sweet tea?
I look in the recipe forum for drinks and did not find it
Thanks,
Tenarac

If this is how McDonalds make it, then yes. Thanks

Here in Thailand many places serve unsweetened tea with a small pitcher of simple syrup on the side so you can make it as sweet as you like.

McD’s tea is ok, that was the only example that I could think of.

real southern sweet tea is made by boiling a teapot of cold water when it boils add 4 small or 2 family size bags remove from heat an steep, add 1 c white sugar to gallon jug and tea from pot shake to sugar melts then finish filling gal jug with water

my family has made sweet tea for generations this way

Cant say I have tried the Mcdonalds sweet tea. Over here in London we pride ourselves on good tea. Pg Tips and Earl Grey any day…

am also looking for this recipe

I have to try Earl Grey. There is a store I go to with a huge tea display and I saw a variety/

Web Shows

My grandmother would always add a small can of frozen lemonade concentrate to a pitcher iced tea.

Bring 3-4 cup of water to a boil. Add a pinch of baking soda to water and 2 -4 tea bags.Remove from heat and cover. Allow to set it 10-15 minute.Pour into the gallon pitcher and add sugar.then fill with cold water.

Arnold Palmers…so refreshing and delicious. Half iced tea, half lemonade is one of my fave drinks. I have yet to try the real sweet tea from the South…but thanks KitchenWitch for the recipe!

:smiley:
Ingredients

* 2 family size bags of Orange pekoe tea, or 6 regular tea bags
* 2-3 cups of real sugar (any other sweetener gives it a strange taste),
* Dash of Baking soda (cuts out the sourness of the strong tea brew)
* Gallon of spring water (Water with high amounts of chlorine makes a bad tea)

Directions

1. Boil 4 cups of water
  2. Add 2 big tea bags of pekoe tea (most people use luzianne tea, a tea who’s soul purpose is to make sweet tea)
  3. Let it steep for a good 12 minutes.
  4. Add 2 cups of sugar and a dash of baking soda and dissolve it into the tea. (The baking soda cuts out the bitterness of the strongly brewed tea)
  5. Pour the tea into a jug, I use old juice jugs but pitchers work too. Add water to the tea to fill it up the rest of the way.
  6. Refrigerate the tea and when its ready to be served filled a glass up with ice and then add the tea. Garnish with a lemon.

:smiley: NOW TIME 4 ENJOY !!:wink:

I am also from the south, and this is the exact same way that I make my sweet tea and it always turns out perfect and not too sweet!!!

Hey ya’ll,
The KitchenWitch posted pretty much what we use here where I’m from. It’s a house rule that we always have a pitcher of sweet tea around. When I travel on business my husband doesn’t start missing me until he runs out of tea hahah.

I’ve got a sweet tea recipe and a couple other fun southern favorites in my book coming out in May titled … no other than…Sweet Tea and Secrets :slight_smile:

High 5s to all the sweet tea drinkers. Oh by the way…I did a poll on my facebook page about fast food sweet tea and McDs came out way ahead of Hardees from the folks that visited. My husband is a Hardees sweet tea kind of guy, so I was surprised. :slight_smile:
Have a wonderful day.

Hi
Just wanted to say I am a huge tea fan. Tea of any kind. I’ve never really experimented with sweet tea or iced tea so I’m looking forward to trying your recipes and tips out. Thanks

Southerners swear by their traditional sweet ice tea and drink it by the gallons. In the South, ice tea is not just a summertime drink, it is served year round with most meals. When people order tea in a Southern restaurant, chances are they will get sweet ice tea.

Outside of the southern states, iced tea is served unsweetened or “black,” and most people have never even heard of sweet tea.

What about Chai, I think that’s traditionally served sweet. I don’t normally sweeten tea (for the sake of my teeth)but I really enjoy it occasionally.

Ingredients
3 Family size tea bags
2 Cups of cold water
1 Cup of sugar

Directions
We in the south make the best iced tea you’ll find. Maybe it’s how it’s done, or maybe it is the water in the south, or maybe it’s just that a southern belle has put a lot of TLC into making the tea. Who knows!

We recommend Luzianne Tea Bags if available.

Place the two cups water in a pot and add the tea bags. Bring to a boil, do not continue boiling. Remove from heat and let steep. Pour warm tea into empty pitcher. Add the sugar and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Fill remaining pitcher with cold water.

Optional - some women say they use less water and add ice to the tea.

Here in Alabama we have a Hamburger place called Milo’s. An all American story that started in Birmingham then franchised and grew. Great Hamburgers, but what really caught on was their sweet tea. They now sell it in gallon containers in all grocery stores, gas stations, etc. in Alabama. I make mine to taste just like theirs.

Important Ingredient: Luzianne Quart Size tea bags.

4 cups of cold water
4 Luzianne Quart Size tea bags
1 1/2 cups of white sugar
*1/2 cup brown sugar

bring water to boil, remove from heat and add tea bags. Let this steep for at least 15 minutes. (I actually add the water and tea together and bring to boil and then remove before a rolling boil. But, you must be there to attend to it or there will be a mess.)

In a one gallon pitcher, add dry ingredients and molassis. After tea steeps, pour hot tea into the pitcher and stir.

Keep your tea bags! There is still a lot of flavor left in them. With your bags still in sauce pan, add additional water to sauce pan and then gently squeeze the tea bags removing much of the liquid. Repeat this step at least 2 more times each time pouring liquid into pitcher.

Finally, top off your pitcher with **cold water to the gallon mark and chill.

Enjoy!

Notes:

* You may substitute the brown sugar for 4 tablespoons of molasses and increase the white sugar to 2 cups.
** Most stipulate “Cold Water”. That is because bad flavors can come out of your hot water tank. Take a few extra minutes for boil time. It’s worth the wait.

Try something different and put 2 mint leaves in steep process.

oh… its great. thanks for sharing dear. Thanks to you all.