Swirled Cinnamon Craisin Bread for Bread Machine

Swirled Cinnamon Craisin Bread for Bread Machine

This makes a swirled loaf of cinnamon craisin (Dried Cranberries) bread by using the Manual Bread Machine Dough Cycle, removing and shaping the dough by hand, returning the shaped dough to the bread machine to rise, and baking the bread with the bread machine Manual Bake Cycle. Finally the cooled cinnamon raisin bread is drizzled with a sugar glaze. To bake in a regular oven, see note at bottom.

Bread:
1 egg (50 g), beaten
1/4 cup (60 g) warm milk
3/4 cup (180 g) warm water
1/3 cup (65 g) white granulated sugar
1 tsp (6.1 g) salt
1/4 cup (60 g) butter, softened
3 cups (415 g) bread flour
2 1/4 tsp or 1 packet (7 g) bread machine or instant yeast

Filling:
1/2 cup (55.9 g) raisins or craisins (Dried Cranberries)
2 Tbsp (28.4 g) butter, softened
1/3 cup (66 g) white granulated sugar
1 Tbsp (9.4 g) cinnamon (I used Penzey’s Apple Pie Spice)

Topping:
1/4 cup (30 g) confectioners sugar
1 1/2 tsp (7.6 g) milk

Add all the Bread ingredients in order given or as recommended by your bread machine manual. Stir ingredients together before adding butter and flour. Select MANUAL DOUGH CYCLE and press START.

In the first few minutes of kneading, adjust the dough, if necessary, so it is smooth and non-sticky by adding flour or water, a tablespoon at a time.

After the MANUAL DOUGH CYCLE completes, remove the dough and mixing paddle from the machine.

Roll the dough out on a bread board into a 9 x 13 inch rectangle. Distribute the craisins evenly over the entire surface of the rolled out dough.

Press them into the dough gently. Spread 2 Tablespoons of softened / melted butter over the entire surface of the rolled out dough.

Mix 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar, 2 Tablespoons brown sugar with 2 teaspoons Penzey’s Vietnamese cinnamon, 2 teaspoons Penzey’s Apple Pie Spice and 1 Tablespoon flour. Make sure they are mixed well. Sprinkle the sugar/cinnamon mixture evenly over the entire surface of the rolled out dough.

Starting at a 9-inch wide end, roll the dough into a cylinder. Pinch the seam shut along its length of the rolled cylinder and pinch shut the two ends of the cylinder roll of dough.

To bake in regular oven see note at bottom.

Replace the rolled dough in the bread machine with the large pinched seam down and the two ends of the roll folded under to fit it in the machine. Make sure bread machine is off. Close bread machine lid and allow the dough to rise until it has reached the top of the bread baking basket (about 1 to 2 hours - in sweet breads the sugar robs moisture from the yeast, so they will take longer to rise, be patient.).

Select MANUAL BAKE CYCLE and press START.
When the MANUAL BAKE CYCLE completes, remove the bread from the machine and allow it to cool on a wire rack.

When the bread has cooled, mix the topping ingredients and drizzle over the top of the loaf of Cinnamon Raisin Bread.

Make sure to return the kneading paddle to your bread machine so it won’t get lost.

Makes one 1 1/2 lb loaf.

Note: To bake in oven, place rolled loaf in an 9 x 5 inch loaf pan with the seam on the dough on the bottom. Allow to rise until double in size, about 1 hour.Bake in a 325-F pre-heated oven for 45-minutes to 1 hour (until center internal loaf temperature reaches 195-F). Allow to cool and drizzle with topping.

The addition of buttermilk, cider vinegar and ginger make for a real tender, cake-like, fluffy loaf of bread. Those ingredients are natural dough conditioners. The vinegar and ginger also act as natural preservatives making the bread stay fresher a few days longer (if it lasts that long. :smiley: ) You can’t taste the vinegar or ginger in the finished bread.

This was great! I make cinnamon buns or raisin bread for our Sunday morning breakfasts and this combined the two. My kids love it. I did cut back on the cinnamon though - more like 3 teaspoons instead of 3 tablespoons. I also didn’t do the egg white and sugar thing at the end - enough sugar in the filling for us anyway. Thank you! This bread will become part of our family breakfasts!

I’m glad you liked it. This is very close in taste to a cinnamon bun if you spread cream cheese on slices of it.

I have started experimenting with Tangzhong bread. This is a method of making a light and fluffy bread by adding a flour and water roux to the bread dough. It’s only about 1/3 cup of roux to 3 cups of bread flour. Anyway, I made Tangzhong Japanese Milk Bread and used that bread with the filling from this recipe to make the lightest, fluffiest, best tasting Cinnamon Swirl Bread I have ever eaten. If interested, Google “Tangzhong Japanese Milk Bread” for info and recipes.

nice post. I did try your way. but failure I hope the next will succeed