Your OMAD should be a Vegan Protein Smoothie
- 2 lbs boneless chicken tenderloins
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon steak seasoning
- 1/3 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon white pepper
- 1 cup club soda
- 2/3 cups cold water
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Frying oil
- Rinse chicken breasts, then cut into strips. Opt for kitchen sheers over a knife if available for ease and size consistency.
- Pour buttermilk into a bowl. If buttermilk is not available, combine 1 tablespoon of white vinegar with 2 cups of regular milk and allow it to sit for about 5 minutes before using.
- Soak chicken strips in buttermilk for about 5 minutes.
- Place flour, steak seasoning, cayenne pepper, black pepper and white pepper in a bowl and stir to mix.
- Add club soda and water to the mix and stir until you have a smooth consistency and no lumps of flour remain. Consider using a whisk to help make the blending easier.
- Remove chicken from buttermilk, then dry with a paper towel.
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven or fryer to 350 degrees.
- Drop each chicken strip into the batter, then place on a plate for a few minutes.
- Fry each battered chicken strip for about 3 to 7 minutes. The timing will vary based on the size of the strips and the amount of coating. The strips should be golden brown when ready.
- Remove each strip from the oil and place them on a plate lined with paper towels.
Dust the top of the strips with sea salt.
Serve chicken critters immediately.