The Arizona Biltmore Hotel’s Mascarpone-stuffed French Toast with Orange Compote

Today I have an amazing Secret breakfast Recipe for you that comes from The Arizona Biltmore Hotel in Phoenix. This might just be the most delicious French toast you will ever experience. This secret recipe features small, mascarpone-stuffed rounds that are fried and then topped with a bright orange compote. This is a perfect dish to prepare when you are entertaining some company for breakfast since most of the dish can be prepared ahead of time.

We have more great breakfast recipes on our forum: Go Here

Enjoy!

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
I was losing my memory and my mind!
And then… I got it all back again. Discover How

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
New Secret Recipe
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

The Arizona Biltmore Hotel’s Mascarpone-stuffed French Toast with Orange Compote
Like this recipe? Check out our Restaurant Secret Recipes Cookbooks – Go Here

Note: This recipe requires a 2 1/2-inch round cookie cutter.

Orange compote:

• 3 (10.5 ounce) cans mandarin oranges packed in juice
  • 2 3/4 cups orange juice, divided, more as needed
  • 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 2 tablespoons cornstarch
  1. Drain the canned mandarin oranges, reserving the juice; you should have 1 1/2 cups reserved juice (if you are short, make up the difference with additional orange juice).

2. In a large, heavy-bottom saucepan, combine the canned oranges, reserved mandarin juice, 2 1/2 cups orange juice, ginger and sugar over high heat.

3. Bring the mixture to a strong simmer and cook, stirring frequently, until the compote is reduced to sauce consistency, about 40 minutes. As the compote reduces, the color will deepen to a rich apricot shade.

4. When the compote is almost reduced, in a small bowl combine the remaining one-fourth cup orange juice with the cornstarch, whisking to thoroughly combine and form a slurry.

5. Add the slurry into the reduced compote, stirring until the compote thickens, about 1 minute. Remove from heat. This makes about 1 1/2 cups compote. You might not use all of the compote for the remainder of the recipe; to store, cool the compote then cover and refrigerate until needed. The compote will keep for about a week, refrigerated. Gently warm in a saucepan before serving.

French toast and assembly:

• About 2 loaves white sandwich bread (you will need 36 slices, enough for 18 sandwiches)
  • 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons (about 10 ounces) mascarpone cheese
  • 6 eggs, beaten
  • 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar
  • Canola oil for frying
  • Orange compote, warmed
  1. Cut the bread: Use a 2 1/2-inch round cookie cutter to cut through the center of each slice to form a round. Spread 1 tablespoon mascarpone over each of half of the rounds, then cover with a remaining round of bread. Repeat, forming 18 sandwiches.

2. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, cinnamon and sugar to form a batter.

3. Heat a large flat skillet over medium heat. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons canola oil to the pan (enough to form a thin film), heating until the oil is hot.

4. Dunk a sandwich quickly into the batter, coating on all sides.

5. Place the sandwich in the skillet and fry until golden and crisp on both sides, about 1 minute per side.

6. Repeat with the remaining sandwiches until all are fried, holding the fried sandwiches in a warm place.

7. To serve, place 2 or 3 warm sandwiches on each plate, topping with a spoonful of compote. Serve immediately.

Servings: 6 to 9

Have a comment or question about this recipe? Post it here

Source: LA Times

Until Next Time… Be Well!

Kind Regards,

RSN

1 Like