The Creamery Hazelnut Cheesecake

A truly elegant cheesecake for your dinner party guests. This one is made with toasted ground hazelnuts and hazelnut-flavored liqueur.

CRUST:
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter, melted
FILLING:
2 8-ounce packages cream cheese, softened
1 cup sugar
3 eggs
1/4 cup hazelnut flavored liqueur
1 cup chopped hazelnuts, toasted
TOP LAYER
1 1/2 cups dairy sour cream
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla

Add butter combined crumbs and sugar; mix well. Press onto bottom of buttered 9-inch spring form pan. Wrap outside of pan with aluminum foil. Combine cream cheese and sugar, mixing at medium speed with an electric mixer until well blended. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Blend in liqueur and nuts; pour over crust. Place spring form pan in larger pan with at least 1 inch sides. Fill with 1/2 inch very hot water. Bake at 350 degrees for one hour. Combine sour cream, sugar, and vanilla; spread over cheesecake. Cool; chill.

Yield: 16 servings

I love it! I like when I can also declare a keeper.

I know this is your keeper. My point was when I do a post many times I like to declare this is a keeper for me. LOL

My wife made this one last week, and it is a keeper. It got rave reviews from everyone who tried it, even my picky brother-in-law.

Black and White Marble Cheesecake

The crust:
1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
3 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted, plus additional butter for greasing pan
The filling:
2 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
2 pounds cream cheese, softened
1 cup sugar
4 large eggs, at room temperature
1/3 cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350°F. Wrap outside of a 9-by-3-inch springform pan with heavy-duty foil. Grease inside of pan with butter, then set aside.

Make crust: Combine graham cracker crumbs, 3 Tbsp. sugar and cocoa powder, stirring with a fork. Add butter and stir until incorporated. Press mixture into bottom of pan. Bake for 10 minutes; let cool on wire rack.

Make filling: Place chocolate in a small bowl and microwave at medium for 2 1/2 minutes; stir. Microwave at medium for 30 more seconds and stir; repeat, if necessary, until melted and smooth. Reserve.

Beat cream cheese and 1 cup sugar at high speed until fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add eggs all at once and mix at medium speed until thoroughly blended. Add cream and vanilla extract; mix until blended.

Transfer 1 cup batter to bowl with melted chocolate; stir to mix. Scrape half of plain batter into cake pan on top of crust. Dollop chocolate batter on surface. Scrape remaining plain batter on top of chocolate. Swirl batters together with a rubber spatula for a marbleized effect.

Place cake pan in a roasting pan, add 1 inch of hot tap water to roasting pan and bake for about 1 hour and 10 minutes without opening oven door. (Cake should only barely jiggle when pressed in center.) Transfer cake from water to rack and cool for 1 hour. Chill until cold.

Is there anything better than a cheesecake?

It depends on who you ask? I love cream cheese so cheesecake is real high on my list.

I can’t think of any dessert better than cheesecake.

I agree the best dessert.