I am new to this forum so I don’t know where you post a recipe. So I will ask my question and post here.
I have spent many hours trying to find a recipe that duplicates this fruitcake with no success. Since it is so famous I was sure someone would have solved the problem. It is a dark fruitcake with more ‘cake’ than the usual but still plenty of fruit. It is described as a ‘boozy’ cake having both wine and Kentucky Bourbon in it. The NY Times described it as the best fruitcake available a few years ago.
If someone has such a recipe or can tell me where to go on the net for a site that duplicates famous recipes, I would greatly appreciate it.
I am not in the fruitcake business. Just want to make it for my family.
1 pkg. shell macaroni
6 bunches green onions sliced down into green portion
1 bottle reular size green olives w/pimento (usually 2 bottle sizes - get larger)
drain and slice. I cut each into thirds
1 can garbanzo beans drained
1 bottle capers with half juice drained
1 large can tuna packed in water (not light but premium white)
Lemon juice (I use frozen in the bottle)
- Cook macaroni al dente (do not overcook) in salted water
- Drain and let air dry (just so shells are not loaded with water) stirring to let all of it get exposed to air.
- Put macaroni in large bowl and add drained garbanzos, sliced green onions,
sliced green olives, capers with 1/2 bottle juice, tuna. NOTE: flake tuna into bowl with a fork - no chunks (goes much farther).
- Add mayo to taste being careful not to scrimp.
- Add lemon juice to taste (we like it on the tart side)
- Add salt if necessary
Chill but fine to eat immediately after making and you will!