The Love Cake

For the recipe for this delicious cake first of all I have to thank Mrs. Massucci, a lawyer in my old firm that had the splendid tradition of bringing a birthday cake for each colleague’s birthday. And since at the time we were at least thirty this was not a simple commitment!

However, once upon a day, for who-knows-who, she brought this superchococake which I immediately fell in love with and asked for the recipe. This is only the second time that I bake it because of the inevitable side effects reported at the bottom.
For 2 people (even if the doses are at least for 8, and even though I’d be able to eat it all alone):
200 grams of dark chocolate fondant
100 grams of dark chocolate chilli
100 grams of dark chocolate with orange
4 eggs
200 grams of sugar
200 grams of butter
1 pinch of salt
fresh strawberries
heart-shaped (absolutely essential) baking pan with removable rim
Melt the chocolate in a double boiler with butter. Meanwhile, separate the yolks from the whites and beat them until stiff. If you don’t have an electric whisk you must also do it by hand, like me. Greetings. My wrist still hurts.

Once the chocolate got melted , pour it in a bowl with the sugar, egg yolks and a pinch of salt and mix. Finally add the egg whites and mix well. Then bake in preheated non-vented oven at 180 Celsius degrees for 40 min.
Let it cool and decorate with strawberries before serving. If you want serve along with a glass of minced strawberries in orange juice.
If years of zen practice allowed you to develop a sufficiently strong will, try to keep a piece of cake for the next day, and you will bite a piece of paradise.

Side effects: cause with certainty fat and pimples. Addictive. Because of the desire it leaves it is not recommended for pregnant women, unless for coloured ones.

Ingredients :
7 eggs, separated
500 g caster sugar
250 g semolina
375 g raw cashew, chopped finely
2 tablespoons rose water
2 tablespoons honey
1/2 teaspoon lemon rind, grated finely
1/2 teaspoon mace, ground
1/2 teaspoon cardamom, ground
1/2 teaspoon almond essence
Method :
Line a 20 cm square tin with 2 thicknesses of greaseproof paper. Use melted butter to brush the inner side of the greaseproof paper in the square tin. Beat the egg yolks and caster sugar until creamy. Stir in the cashews, rose water, semolina, lemon rind, honey, spices and almond essence. Beat the egg whites until they peak. Fold into the mixture and mix well. Pour into the prepared square tin and bake in moderately slow oven until the love cake is goldenbrown in color. It should also feels firm when touched. Cover the top with foil if the love cake start to brown too quickly. Remove the oven when cooked. Leave in the tin to cool before cutting. Do not turn out the love cake from the tin. Instead cut into small squares and lift out pieces by pieces on to serving plate.