Three Bean Chili
Fresh ingredients and oils:
2 Tb canola oil
1 Tb olive oil
1 cup yellow onions, chopped
1/2 cup bell peppers, chopped
1 pound ground beef or ground turkey
2 Tb garlic powder
1 Tb chili powder
2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
1/2 tsp ground oregano
1/2 tsp seasoning salt
1/8 tsp ground black pepper
1 Tb beef bullion powder or cube
1 (28 ounce) can crushed peeled tomatoes - with liquid
1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
1 (15 ounce) can black beans - with liquid
1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans - with liquid
1 (15 ounce) can white kidney beans- with liquid
1-1/2 cups water
- In a 5-quart saucepan, sauté the onions and bell peppers in the cooking oils until the onions are slightly browned.
- Add ground meat and all seasonings to saucepan. Crumble and fry ground meat until browned.
- Add canned ingredients, along with their liquids, to saucepan.
- Add 1-1/2 cups of water to sauce pan.
- Mix well and simmer for 1/2 hour, stirring occasionally.