Tonight's dinner

Tonight’s dinner is going to be very simple and tasty; Sloppy Joes, Cor on the cob and potato chips. I am not really in the mood to cook.

Super Sloppy Joes
• 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
• 1 1/4 pounds ground beef sirloin
• 1/4 cup brown sugar
• 2 teaspoons to 1 tablespoon steak seasoning blend, such as McCormick brand Montreal Seasoning
• 1 medium onion, chopped
• 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
• 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
• 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
• 2 cups tomato sauce
• 2 tablespoons tomato paste
• 4 crusty rolls, split, toasted, and lightly buttered
Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add oil and meat to the pan. Spread the meat around the pan and begin to break it up. Combine brown sugar and steak seasoning. Add sugar and spice mixture to the skillet and combine. When the meat has browned, add onion and red peppers to the skillet. Reduce heat to medium and cook onions, peppers, red wine vinegar and Worcestershire sauce with meat for 5 minutes. Add tomato sauce and paste to pan. Stir to combine. Reduce heat to simmer and cook Sloppy Joe mixture 5 minutes longer. Pile sloppy meat onto toasted, buttered bun bottoms and cover with bun tops.

I love, love Sloppy Joe’s! DS doesn’t like them though, so I never make them anymore.

KW, your dinner looks wonderful and something my DS would chow down on.

You can make sloppy Joes and portion it out and freeze the portions. When you get a craving for one, thaw and heat one portion for yourself.

Good idea!

Dinner tonight is crab stuffed tilapia, brown rice and steamed broccoli. I’m cheating tonight, the stuffed tilapia is courtesy of Publix.

Super food… Oh mom… I miss the taste…

Well, last night before I went to bed, DS requested hamburger steaks, mashed potatoes and green beans for this evening. That’s what I’ve cooked up, so I sure hope he enjoys it! I added finely minced fresh onion to the potatoes and of course a not so healthy amount of butter, but we don’t eat like this every day, so I figured it won’t hurt once in a while. Smells good and I’m hungry, just waiting on DS to get here.

I love hamburger steak with mashed potatoes and gravy, and green bean casserole.

That dinner was super good! Fortunately I did “right” by the hamburger steaks. They came out super moist and tender.

DS is working this evening, so I made myself some pimento cheese. I had a few crackers with pimento cheese, but breakfast in the morning will be a toasted pimento cheese sandwich. Homemade pimento cheese is ever so much better than the store bought stuff. Once I started making my own, that was all she wrote, so to speak, lol. I don’t have a set recipe, just mix and taste test until I’m happy with the results. I need to find some of those throw-away little sampler spoons.

I’ve copied so many recipes from this site. Finally, our weather is cooling off enough for me to test some of the recipes. DD and DSIL will be so happy, they love being my guinea pigs when it comes to food.

Hi,
when I am with my current girlfriend, I made a lasagna. It was easy to prepare, does mean standing in the kitchen for hours, with a good salad, a bottle of wine and cake for dessert Chocolate.
If you do everything yourself is truly impressive.

For my family, tonight’s dinner will be steak and baked potatoes on the grill with a fresh hearty salad! Call us crazy ~ we do grill outside all year long, even in the snow! :smiley:

Oh my gosh ~ We’ve never had to shovel out our grill, so you’re really serious about your grilling!

Today we are planning for a Creamy Baked Ziti for dinner and the things which are needed for it are as under:-

• 4 cups ziti pasta, uncooked
  • 1 jar (26 oz.) marinara sauce
  • 1 can (14-1/2 oz.) diced tomatoes, undrained
  • 6 oz. (3/4 of 8-oz. pkg.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, cubed
  • 3/4 cup BREAKSTONE’S or KNUDSEN Sour Cream
  • 1 pkg. (8 oz.) KRAFT Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
  • 1/3 cup KRAFT Grated Parmesan Cheese

Tonight my family is getting “Surprise Goolosh”! This is regular goolosh made with ground beef, noodles, stewed tomatoes, etc. but I’m adding in all the pieces of leftover pot roast and vegetables from my crock dinner last night! Surprise!!